Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My Story - Cervical Mylopathy - C2-C5 Laminectomy w/Fusion

Comments

• So glad you've had such a good recovery! I had almost the exact same symptoms as you, however, it took me longer to be diagnosed (6 mos.). Had a 2 level ACDF on 10/3/14 with instrumentation. The only post-op resolution so far has been with the bladder. Still have not noticed much improvement with my walking or balance and numbness in hands and feet is still the same. My NS says it will probably be about 6 mos. before I know what I will get back. Still have trouble swallowing some foods and voice is still a little hoarse (the price of an anterior surgery). Hopefully, I will get to where you are now. Thanks for sharing!
  • Your story is an inspiration to all of us with myelopathy. I had an ACDF on Oct. 3 (2level). Have not had the resolutions that you have but I know that there are no promises with this condition and surgery. It's very comforting to hear a success story, please keep us updated on your recovery.
  • advertisement
  • nice to hear your story. i also have c2-c5 surgery in 15 days and getting nervous as expected. how is ur range of motion after the surgery. what kind of collar did u get after surgery
  • My range of motion isn't what it used to be but that's expected after a multilevel fusion.
    If looking straight ahead is 12 o'clock, I can turn my head from 10 to 2.
    I can touch my chin to my chest and look straight up with no problem.
    CSM = C2-C5 Posterior Laminectomy w/Fusion and Instrumentation
    Surgery Complete 10/4/14
  • I wore an Aspen collar 24/7 for 12 weeks.
    CSM = C2-C5 Posterior Laminectomy w/Fusion and Instrumentation
    Surgery Complete 10/4/14
  • advertisement
  • bhasinbbhasin Posts: 5
    edited 05/12/2015 - 6:15 PM
    so as of now do u feel any pain or something. how does ur incision look now. are u back to full physical activity and did u go for any physiotherapy
  • so here is the brief abt me. it started with shoulder pain which later on got diagnosed as opll . i had severe canal shortening and stenosis and radiculopathy. my symptoms included less ROM, numbness and tingling in legs and hands. pain in and fingers, sporadic weakness in legs. i tries non conservative approach but no help. it started to get to a point that i used to fell very irritated with sporadic symptoms. whether these symptoms would progressively worsen or stay the same who knows. i didn't want to let it progress and have more permanence in the symptoms, so i decided to take the plunge
    surgery performed on 15th of this month with c2-c5 laminectomy with instrumentation and fusion
    i have a hard collar on, managing to sleep sideways. i am off any narcotic pain medicine and take robaxin on and off. i have been walking about 30 mins daily. some burning issues here and there but nothing alarming.
advertisement