Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Slipped disc been 12 months and seeing no improvement what to do next

Hi everyone,
In January I ruptured a disc in my lower back (l4-5). After 3/4 months of misdiagnosis I had an MRI privately and found out I had a mild bulge. Its been ten months since I ruptured my disc and have not seen any improvement whatsoever,
I was in peak physical condition before this occurred and now I can't do the most simple of things, I was wondering from past experience what have people done to help them? I am constantly taking tramadol to help with the pain and I do not want to take it as I know the damaging effects. My doctor really just doesn't know what to do and is not much help, I am seeing a back specialist through the nhs and doing rehab with them but when I go there you can tell you get what you pay for and they don't bother really helping me and I get on with the excersise myself while they drink their coffee in that back. Can anyone please tell me what is the next step I should try from here?
If I am considering the steroid injections who is the best person to speak to as I asked my doctor but he doesn't go into detail and doesn't say much about it.
Any help would be seriously appreciated.


  • A disc bulge and a rupture are two distinctly different things.....dealing with the NHS, you may want to consult another doctor or pay privately for another opinion.
Sign In or Register to comment.