Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Disability case finally a date set

rb41rrb41 Posts: 14
edited 10/23/2014 - 6:20 AM in Chronic Pain
I have never asked for anything in my life from my government. I have known people even in my own family that I despise that keep having babies out of wedlock that refuse to get married because they will lose their government handout or free "cheese" (food stamps, medical, housing..) this is the embarrassing side of the family i have disowned because they keep doing this over and over and over... I am educated, I am licensed in a trade,I am middle classed, two children, married for 15 years, both children were planned,I owned my own business, I know how to lick the silver spoon when needed, i'm former military. I've made my mistakes-picked my bloody-broken-embarrassed ass up and dusted myself off and kept going. now I need my social security disability because I can barely walk due to these surgeries. I need help. My AA brothers and sisters tell me it's ok to ask for help and not to feel guilty asking for help. from the government. I've sold my house, my car. my boat.. my familiy is standing with me.... They are all I got. My disability date is January 20th. for the court. I need help ... I need some help. I'm 42 and have paid taxes since I was 16 years old .... If I get denied this government is so EDIT up because I've met so many pieces of EDIT that get it and don't even need it. ... EDIT .. this has taken 2 years..

Post Edited for Inappropriate Language Liz

rs
advertisement

Comments

• Understand your frustration. Try not to compare yourself or your situation to others as it will just drive you crazy. Focus on the hope that the court views each and every case for its own unique merits and will make the right decosion. Until then you can empower yourself with positive thinking or you can let anger ruin you. Be the best person you can be and control what is within your control. Let the rest of it go. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • I re-read that post I just wrote and I almost deleted it but you know... I am going to keep it here because it's my angry side. It will remind me that I can get angry thinking about all of this stuff. It's negative energy and I need to remind myself every so often that I can get like that. I'm sorry for the offensive language but heck I'm only human. I'm glad this website is here so others with all these spinal problems / surgeries being failed or successful can support each other.
    rs
  • advertisement
  • You are right. We have all been THERE. That dark place where anger boils and tears of pain mix with frustration. "If they could only understand how much pain I'm in, walk a day in my body, feel what I feel, they would know." We have all wished that. You are among people that understand here and ugly or not, we all have out moments and they aren't always wrapped up in bows
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1