Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ACDF surgery and recovery/under age 30?

Comments

• thank you so much for posting all of this! i am glad that you posted so much information and glad to know someone close to my age who has gone through this! my main concern is how much movement i will have after.. im not sure if having one more level done than you means that i will be having slightly less movement than you postop or not? do you feel like its a major change? my surgeons main concern is that im having nerve issues (numbness) that he believes would be getting worse and permanent, otherwise i feel like i could deal with the pain as bad as it gets most days. I've had this pain since i was 16 and it was only till now that they figured out what was wrong. can you tell me if you really feel as if this surgery changed things for you? unfortunately my surgeon says the nerve numbness wont go away but that maybe some of my pain will, but it all depends. i have been getting so many different opinions from family and other types of health care providers...but i have seen 4 surgeons and all 4 have agreed on surgery. it is such a tough decision to make, in one way i dont want to live with the risk that a car accident can cause me to become paralyzed permemnalty (what the surgeons say can happen), or a big fall. i have to be so carefull now and its scary. and yes my surgeons also says that there is a chance other levels may need to be done which also another con especially at our young age : (
  • surgery is scheduled for January 26th!! nervous but ready for it to be done! worried about recovery and how much my life will change if at all but hoping for the best outcome!! : / have one more MRI and a preop anesthesiology appointment coming up. the MRI will determine wether i need to have 2 levels done or 3 but i have my fingers crossed for just 2!!
  • advertisement
  • hi im 43 and well im too sacred too death havin acdf done on c4-c5 my surg is set for jan 27.. I feel for you ..as I know every day for me is like torture getting to that day... im staying the night so ill have wife bring the laptop 4 me if all goes right ill post my feelings after surg you try too do the same..... well keep in touch .......swat.........
    swat
  • I will definitely keep in touch and post my feelings and such post surgery. i will also be staying overnight. I hope that all goes well with your procedure! Please let me know how you are doing as well!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.