Hello, first time poster. I have a degenerated disc L5-S1 that is herniating into my spinal nerve bundle and sciatic nerve. I have seen two different surgeons and have chosen a good one here in Dallas. He says the disc needs to be removed and I am waiting to see if BCBS will approve an artificial disc instead of the fusion. Does anyone have experience dealing with this insurance and has anyone had them approve the artificial disc? Any help would be appreciated. Hope I'm posting this in the right place.