Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic pain and exposure at an early age

Comments

• :) shsvballchic29, i see this is your fist post and i want to welcome you to the forum! =D> please have every confidence that your doctor and your parents are doing the best they can for you and you will recover!! there is a section called "Good News" and you can read of successful surgeries there. we have people who are back riding their horses! people get well without surgery as well!! so please cheer up and feel free to come here and chat anytime!! Jenny :)
  • ranchhand- I too experienced health problems as a youngster. I think that I had to go through all kinds of phases to try to get to the other side. Sometimes, I feel that I have alot of empathy and compassion and then I also have the hard edge to pull people out of the pit. It is no fun falling in the pit when things seem bleak.

It helps to have people who love you for you. But it is important to reach out to your self and to also lean on a power greater than yourself.

I learned alot when I was alone in the hospital when others were not around and facing the uncertainity of mortality. I learned I really was never alone... :))) jade
  • advertisement
  • Never give up on any dreams of yours ok? dont worry too much just yet. Your body has a wonderful capacity to heal and /or adapt to new perameters. Your gonna fly! you have so much talent and abilitys ahead of you..now... since you have such superb abilitys early on you will have to face this problem earlier than some others here. Loss of some abilitys. its not the be all end all injurys, your gonna play smart and less harder, its a more mature way of staying in the gamew longer and being able to do the things you love. since your still growing into that wonderful body you were given, now isnt the time to do any more damage. ybou cant help what has been handed to you, you will learn to adapt and overcome and come out all shiney on the other side!

Your art form you want to do comes from a soul yearning to express itself to the world! let it shine! the world needs more beauty in it ,ok got to go for now, but more later!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• sorry for the delay. now back to bizness. learning to adapt may be the hard part of the deal. if you constantly are fighting your self and your emotions your can run into a dead end. depression is a part and parcel of long term chronic pain and injury. how you learn to eal with it may well affect the future outlook you have on the issue. some people want to fight the inevitable, and rant and wail thier position they find themselves, I thing you already fall to the other side,you are gonna meet this with the same grit and determination and hard work it takes to be a winner. staying positive is most important ,and this will help you better deal with the trials that may come your way.
    Hold your head up and be proud of who and what you are. a superb athlete, a wonderful creation destined for greater things. keep ypur love of yourself up..
    your no different inside than before OK? every drive and courage you ever had is still there, it will never leave you and will carry you through the rough times, all yo got to do is believe.
    believe in yourself, you have other attributes you may not have discovered yet, you may be the leader someone yoiunger than you is looking for, on how to deal with things that get in the way of dreams and desires. some one watching you will admire and want to copy you and your courage and grace under fire, dont be so hard on yourself, this is really going to be the beginning of a wonder and joy filled life,
    so some dream may have to die,others will come along even more wonderful and fulfilling to take thier place in your life. your growing and changing into another better form of "you" what you are is what you do when it counts.
    be brave and graceful under pressure(you already know how to do this) learn to bend and not break,rushing headlong into any obstacle will usually earn you a headache and some regrets. dont fear for your future, your gonna be ok!
    remember your young and strong inside and these attributes will grow as you do.
    It's ok to cry, younhave to or else you will build up unhealthy emotions inside which can hamstring you. be honest with yourself and be brave and true and love yourself as hard as you can!
    There is something wrong with your back, THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SPIRIT AND SOUL!
    Ime sorry you had to deal with this now so early on in your life, but this feeling of hopelessness and helplessness will pass if you want it to and if you let it,thats a secret i'll pass onto you,from my heart to yours,you can let things pass if you try and learning to let them pass is a way to heal your wonderful spirit!
    Dont give up the fight
    Dont give in to despair
    Dont give up trying to achieve ...ever
    when the world begins to bear down on you
    you
    1. Put hands up
    2. chin down
    3. start swinging!
    your going to be fine! there will be bad times
    there will be good times
    and always there will be better times
    ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE!
    in yourself
    in your loved ones!
    good luck to ya! dont be afraid to come here to the spine health family, some have been in your shoes
    some will walk in the prints you leave behind
    but most important you will never walk alone K?!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement