Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Modified barium swallow test

Well folks. I had very little faith that the swallow test ordered for me would help at all. Wow was I wrong I got my diagnosis. My c5-c6 cadaver bone afte discectomy with plate and screws is pushing against the back of my esophagus and this is causing not only my sensation of choking/strangling/ something stuck in my throat but also caused a slight narrowing which can be seen when I swallow the barium consistencies there is some residual left also whih I can clear with a few more swallows. I'm more concerned with the pressure being applied to the back of my esophagus. What kind of damage is bein done. Will it erode thru eventually. I tho k so as this issue keeps feelin worse and worse. Just wanted you all out there to know what happened with me and to do any and all tests they order for you because any one could be the answer you were looking for. Anyone else had anything like this. If so what happens and do I need to be concerned about anything else? Thanx. Renee
Lrm
advertisement

Comments

• Ren24 said:
    Well folks. I had very little faith that the swallow test ordered for me would help at all. Wow was I wrong I got my diagnosis. My c5-c6 cadaver bone afte discectomy with plate and screws is pushing against the back of my esophagus and this is causing not only my sensation of choking/strangling/ something stuck in my throat but also caused a slight narrowing which can be seen when I swallow the barium consistencies there is some residual left also whih I can clear with a few more swallows. I'm more concerned with the pressure being applied to the back of my esophagus. What kind of damage is bein done. Will it erode thru eventually. I tho k so as this issue keeps feelin worse and worse. Just wanted you all out there to know what happened with me and to do any and all tests they order for you because any one could be the answer you were looking for. Anyone else had anything like this. If so what happens and do I need to be concerned about anything else? Thanx. Renee
    Renee,
    I had cervical fusion at C3/4 and C6/7 due to auto accident back in 2012, afterwards I had that same feeling (and still do depending on how I hold my head, if my neck get tired or I forget and try to look too far up or sideways) but it eventually went away for the most part. It has been 2+ years since surgery and so far I have no other problems except those left over from the accident. I can say, it is a PITA getting a comfortable position to sleep, only on the back. but compared to what I was living in I just suck it up and drive on. Gods speed.