Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

schwanomas Tumor

MarksMMarks Posts: 1
edited 11/28/2014 - 6:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi my 8yrs old son had a surgery to remove schwanomas Tumor from the spinal cord unfortunately I was told the tumor is in the Spinal cord so they will rather take a tissue and send to the lab to determine which type of tumor to be able to know the way forward, but as a lay man, I want to know. does it mean they will cut open my sons back again to remove it or there is a medication apart from surgery? its really a disturbing problem for me.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,627
    condition, please perhaps this will help
    Spinal Tumors including Schwanomas
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Marks said:
    Hi my 8yrs old son had a surgery to remove schwanomas Tumor from the spinal cord unfortunately I was told the tumor is in the Spinal cord so they will rather take a tissue and send to the lab to determine which type of tumor to be able to know the way forward, but as a lay man, I want to know. does it mean they will cut open my sons back again to remove it or there is a medication apart from surgery? its really a disturbing problem for me.
    sorry to hear bout ya son. I had one of them tumors too removed earlier this year. they had to go in and take as much of it out as they could without causing me any problems. they don't have ne meds 4 it over here in sc. I wish they did. maybe if u find the right surgeon then maybe they can give u some diff options.
  • advertisement