Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

The Role of Anti-Inflammatory Foods

advertisement

Comments

• "he said open your pantry and any item with more than four ingredients or those you don't THROW it out"

I like that.

I tried to edit my last post to put a link on it - and the whole post disappeared! Just google brown rice +arsenic. The latest Jan 2015 Consumer Reports has a rice update and it's online too.
  • TWynnBTTWynnB Posts: 280
    edited 12/22/2014 - 10:36 AM
    I started eating south beach diet over 6 years ago, and I feel so much better on it. Whenever I eat simple carbs (white flour, sugar) and especially corn, I feel pretty darn yucky. I rarely get sick (although I rarely did before), and I hopefully will avoid getting diabetes, high blood pressure, and everything else my dad had.
    Apparently, it doesn't help avoid cervical problems (lol) although the doctor said I was in excellent health otherwise, and had excellent bone quality. Of course, I'm only 43, so that helps bunches too.
    Now that I know of my neck issues, I'll try harder to remember taking joint supplements as well (fish oils, glucosamine, etc). I'm so bad at remembering to take them!

(I should say, south beach is very similar to the list you had....)

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• advertisement
  • It's wonderful to know that so many of us are getting wise to the "Western Medicine" and "Standard American Diet" shortfalls and fallacies!
    As someone who has been through many, many health problems (at one point on 16 different drugs every day!) and has since decided to take my health into my own hands and do my own research (extensive...) - I've finally had my eyes opened! To make a long and boring story shorter...those of us who have lived a lifetime on the SAD (Standard American Diet) are ACROSS THE BOARD deficient in especially a few certain nutrients: vitamin D3, magnesium, high quality omega-3 fatty acids and the right, good probiotics. There are, of course, many more but these are the main ones I keep coming across in my research.
    Not enough can be said for the probiotics and fermented foods (like kefir, yogurt, fermented vegetables, etc.). If you do just a little research on this - you'll quickly see that a healthy "gut microbiome" is absolutely essential for all aspects of health (about 80% of your immune system is in the "gut"!) I'm talking about REAL fermented foods, not the ones like the popular flavored yogurts found in all stores - full of sugars and artificial stuff.
    And, as some of you have already mentioned, there are the real whole foods, spices and herbs...Google the benefits of turmeric and organic extra virgin coconut oil - you will be AMAZED!
    There's a great website - greenmedinfo.com - that indexes thousands of studies done on natural cures by all sorts of organizations, including NIH, AMA, many universities and independents.
    Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't extol the praises of CHIROPRACTIC!! It's magnificent for gaining and maintaining good health!
    Good health to you all!