Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Abbreviated text talk

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    edited 11/06/2015 - 4:35 AM
    Lines from a move. During the dialog an number of [edit] bombs were dropped. I changed the full spelling to[edit] an abbreviation for a profane term.
    Is that ok in any way shape or form?

Thanks,

Dave
  • Well, I found my way into this forum, and while its comforting in some way to know that I'm not the only one going through chronic pain, I surely don't wish this on anyone. I struggled for years with a doctor telling her there was some severe problems with my spine going on but she didn't seem to hear a thing I said. Finally after begging her literally, for 3 years for an MRI she had one done and it has shown severe central spinal canals stenosis in several different areas as well as other issues. I also have fibromyalgia and other health issues.

After finally getting the MRI and then not much being done after that I have switched to a whole new healthcare system with a new doctor who seems to care enough to want something done. Thank God. I surely don't want to live out the rest of my days riddled with this degree of pain.

I have a ton of allergies and I have to admit I had not been eating healthy. For the last about year and a half I changed my diet completely to not only eat healthier but also eat portion sized appropriately.

I not only have pain walking, sitting, laying, moving, but also headaches 24/7 that never stop, sciatica, nueropothy, numbness, and pain from these things lead to nausea and vomiting. My left leg goes numb and I fall, and my left hand goes numb and I drop things. I walk with a cane. I just got a referral to go to a neurosurgeon, IF they will take me as a patient.

Okay, I've rambled long enough.
    Blessings,
    Doz
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,264
    From time to time, I need to resurface this discussion thread.

We have so many new members daily, that the use of acronyms is very confusing to people.

For examples:
    PA  - Physician Assistant
    NP - Nurse Practitioner

Those are two that I see crop up frequently.  Most of us understand that complete meaning behind those characters, but there are so many that dont.  

Sharing something small.  I have received message asking if PA meant the state of Pennsylvania and that if NP meant No problem.

I know when you have been around terms for  awhile, you tend to forget, I know I do and many times just post shorten versions.  But we all need to consider our new members.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • My late father was an English teacher.  When I  do text, I try to be conscious of grammar--even down to the correct single or double-spacing after commas and periods!!  Hahahaha!! Wherever my father may be, at least he knows I'm not slacking in the grammar department!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
advertisement