Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Botox Injections.

Moses1015MMoses1015 Posts: 3
edited 12/24/2014 - 5:50 AM in Pain Management
Hi Folks, This is my first posting please bear with me. I'm a 67 year old male. I've had 1 low back surgery & 2 neck surgeries.
The first one was 4 levels 5 of the screws came lose. The plate was slipping. I was advised to have a revision surgery.
5 levels, rods in the back. I have lots of stiffness & pain over the last 2 years. Take ultram & a low dose antidepressant.
I've been to physical Therapy numerous times, chiropractic & started seeing a pain Dr. In May. I had a epidural first for my left leg pain it worked. Although the pain is coming back.
Then I had a series of 3 trigger point injections in my neck area. The first one worked the other two didn't. I then had & epidural in the neck didn't relive very much pain & stiffness.
I have been researching Botox injections. I called my Pain Dr. & she does them.
My question is would this help? Has anyone out their had success with them. I'm looking for a little pain relief.
Moses1015
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I've recently started to receive Botox injections for chronic Migraines and from my personal experience it's been helping tremendously. The amount of migraine medication that I'm taking now is a fraction compared to what I was taking before. i was skeptical at first but I was happy that I gave it a try.
  • After 4 spinal surgeries I am proceeding with getting Botox for my lower back pain. Does anyone have any info or experience with this? I have been suffering pain forever. I just finished a round of (3) epidural cortisone injections to qualify for Botox. I think this is off label by the FDA, so Ill have to pay out of pocket for this. Im sure it will be very expensive and Id rather not proceed if it doesn't do the job. Thanks all and God Bless us "spineys"
  • advertisement
  • Vicki said:
    After 4 spinal surgeries I am proceeding with getting Botox for my lower back pain. Does anyone have any info or experience with this? I have been suffering pain forever. I just finished a round of (3) epidural cortisone injections to qualify for Botox. I think this is off label by the FDA, so Ill have to pay out of pocket for this. Im sure it will be very expensive and Id rather not proceed if it doesn't do the job. Thanks all and God Bless us "spineys"
    Stumbled onto this thread and wonder...after my SIX fusions and more than 8 surgeries I wonder if THIS. Botox may solve my low & mid back spasms that have had me on Fentanyl for 10 months? What type of doctor do I see for this treatment? An Ortho, Plastic Surgeon, pain management?
    Fusion With Hardware C5/C6
    Fusion With Hardware L3 THROUGH S1
  • Would Botox help with L5 S1 type of pain. Like numbness in the hip,but and feet? I've done the injections which only last 2 months. My wife works for a Plastic surgeon and I can get the Botox injection for free.

advertisement