Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Fusion - The Weeks After

Comments

• Thanks Sandi i will check those links out.
    Thanks Greg i will keep yhe updates going, you to let me know how its all going. Pain meds are a constant 3 times a day at moment. Just have to do what i hsvd to do and roll with it
  • You have had a huge and awfully painful surgery and it should go without saying that you will need your medications like clockwork for several months, at least. I commend you for having the self awareness and caution to want to avoid addiction, but right now, only weeks out of surgery, your pain level demands relief.

I think it's great that you keep an open dialogue with your surgeon at your follow up appointments to talk about how you're feeling and eventually discuss tapering off the narcotics, but right now, you just need to trust your surgeon that you don't need to worry about that at the moment.

The one thing you can hold yourself to is NOT overusing your meds. And keep moving. I think you're doing great!
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • That is a very large surgery I have 5 levels fused still no 12 level that pretty crazy. I found taking pain meds as your supposed to don't wait till pain is bad just keep taking it as directed. Walks are good but nothing more then the Dr. has approved but lots of walking is good for you. I had needed lots of help from my wife and Mother so things Mom just can't do anymore but the ole wife can. Take all the help you can get and best of luck.
  • Thanks for the kind words.
    Yes at moment pain is there but i keep it under control with constant meds. Mornings are the worst but i walk and move around the house every so often. I have found a way of dressing myself to which i couldn't last week. I also helped wifey wash the cars today! A good goal snd it was nice in the sun. I am confident i will be back to work in 2 months ( signwriter/maker /installer) i teat myself everyday with little movements and crouches & bends to see whwre i am at. 15-20 mins max of any movement/up and about is all i can manage as i feel just exhausted so easily. But yeah just gotta roll with it & stay positive :)
  • Ok I am a little jealous that you're washing cars in January. You must be somewhere warm!! I am in frigid Minnesota!

I went back to work in two months as well but did not have a physical job. I would be sure to ease into it.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
advertisement