Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

post op c5-c6 fusion with bone from hip

hzoobleshhzoobles Posts: 2
edited 12/29/2014 - 2:45 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am now 7 days post op and in the middle of the night I feel down The stairs...my hip/leg completly bruised(hurts) and when I swallow it feels like something is there, however it is not painful...should I wait a bit or go in to the doctors right away. Also had a bm on the 5th day very bloody/ loose. I did call and they said if it cont to go in however I have not gone again. 34 and worried.
H.C
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    you asked advice from medical professionals and they advised, nobody on the forum is medically qualified or permitted to give advice.

welcome message

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Liz I know I can't get "medical advise" it is more seeing if anyone else had similar issues how they handle it. Also this is a two part issue going on.( called the doc regarding one) I have a tendacy to over react and call the doctors when I really don't need to or not call when I really should....this is supposed to be a friendly form so I thought to ask "opionons " of others. Sorry if I disobeyed the rules.
    H.C
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    I was only pointing out that we can't advise, this is a friendly forum but the only suggestion you will get from members is better to play safe and get checked.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • If you fell down the stairs only a few days after surgery I would hope the doc gets you an x ray pronto! The hardware can slip which might explain the worsening swallowing issues.
advertisement