Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Exercise

patriotsmomppatriotsmom Posts: 2
edited 01/04/2015 - 7:42 PM in Exercise and Rehab
I have had my L4&L5 fused, have limited movement. Is there an exercises I can do? I was a very active person before I got injured! I worked on an Ambulance. I now take lycria and it making me gain weight!! I need help
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 8,835
    edited 01/12/2015 - 3:24 AM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • patriotsmom said:
    I have had my L4&L5 fused, have limited movement. Is there an exercises I can do? I was a very active person before I got injured! I worked on an Ambulance. I now take lycria and it making me gain weight!! I need help

LIVE FREE THINK FREE SPEAK FREE OTHER WISE YOU ARE NOT FREE
  • advertisement
  • I walk and stretch daily, weights and body weight circuts and super sett workouts, I still do some boxing drills and i do some planks and bridges, I do some plyo and some isometrics a little every day more of physical therapy for my mobility,,,,messages, hot n cold showers all help

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    is your doctor. They are the ones that performed the surgery and understand your restrictions and limitations. There really is no cookbook answer here. Each situation is different. Yes, there are some basic guidelines to follow

But always remember, there is no one on these online forums that are properly trained to provide answers to your questions. We can give you input based on our o wn past experiences. But always remember that.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • hardheadhardhead Posts: 10
    edited 01/13/2015 - 4:06 AM
    why i do a little daily guidelines from my sports doctor i throw i basic moments and boxing drills what i was told i can safely do

• advertisement
  • scottshariescottsharie Posts: 2
    edited 01/18/2015 - 8:31 AM
    I walk and stretch daily, weights and body weight circuts and super sett workouts, moreover I also try to keep myself happy and contented.

Remember.....ALL excercise programs should be cleared and approved by your medical provider post op and specific to your individual condition. It is unwise and unsafe to follow the excercise programs of other members without your doctor's permission.
advertisement