Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Please someone advise! Bulging disc in C4-C5, and have Degenerative Disc Disease.



  • Sounds like you need to contact your insurance company and ask about preauthorization for an MRI, once the insurance company confirms that you are covered for a new MRI, inform your doctor that you would like a new MRI to determine what is causing the current symptoms, if your doctor refuses to order the MRI, make an appointment with a new doctor or ask your insurance company if you need a referral from your PCP before seeking a specialist (neurologist) on your own. From personal experience, I have had 5 MRIs in the past 5 years and I have never had to fight for one. Good luck with advocating for yourself!
    J P-Thompson
Sign In or Register to comment.