Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck Pain

ozambrana11oozambrana11 Posts: 1
edited 02/06/2015 - 7:43 AM in Chronic Pain
I was ran over by a car November 4th. I spent 21 days in the hospital with my head swollen with a small internal bleeding that fixed itself and they didn't have to go into my head. However, my left foot got almost snatch off my leg and they operated on me three times within 18 days to save it.
I went home November 26, and a week later, after finishing my antibiotics and pain medicine, I started feeling hoariness on my throat and discomfort. I felt like there was something in my throat. Well, just a week ago, a neck pain started to developed. Now I have a neck pain the front of my neck, at the bottom of my neck at times, in the sides of my neck and under my jaws. These are all happening at different times and different days. I also want to mention that I used to smoke, just in case this could also play a part of it.
Can anyone give me some advice of what this could be related to???
There are some people that tell me that it is from the accident but, why did it take so long after the accident for the pain to show up???
When I move my head up and down and side to side the pain also increases but it does not maintain a high level of pain. The pain is more when I move but it goes back down.

Thank you for your time and cooperation concerning this matter and may God help us all.

Sincerely,
Orlando
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,623
    edited 02/06/2015 - 7:42 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

There is nobody on the forum medically qualified or permitted to make a diagnosis.

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • rtconant1rrtconant1 Posts: 347
    edited 02/08/2015 - 1:30 PM
    I am guessing with the head trauma and your foot and other problems, you probably were limited to what you were able to do and probably didn't move around all that much. Not only that but the pain from all the issues sustained in the accident probably overshadowed other pains depending what was hurting worse. Now that you are recovering from those injuries, you are probably up and around more than you were when you were first out of the hospital. Have you talked to your doctor? They probably should be informed especially because of the nature of the accident. They probably didn't even look into your neck because of all the other injuries.
    I am glad you survived. I was hit by a car as a kid. Fortunate for me, I escaped with less severe injuries than what they could have been. I know getting run over is much more severe but I feel for you. I hope you heal from your injuries fully. It will take time, so be patient with yourself.
    Tracie C
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Very happy you survived...what an ordeal I can't imagine.
    My only thought is when you mentioned you felt something in you throat and the hoarseness .
    Not sure if you are on meds but I have experienced that when I am allergic to meds. It seems as I age I have developed several allergies.

That along with your other issues.....I would think to keep your doctor up to speed. Tell your doctor everything!
    Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History