Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Workman comp

I originally hurt my back April 2013 at work. I went back to work after 2 weeks pain was better. April 2014 my pain got to where it would not stop it was terrible to where I just could do anything especially my job. Tried keep working in September 2014 it was no way I could work I was at my limit . They have given me every pain medication on the market I've had the injection . None of it eased the pain. Finally I have appo at orthopedic surgery in a week. I don't understand how they can let a person hurt so long I went to emergency room my pai has always been in my buttocks, back , thigh , and left foot but start having cramps in my legs and my right foot start going dead and leg cramping to . So I'm trying to find out my 2 years will be up in April 2015 I guess so is that saying they will just leave me in pain and can't work or no income ? Do I need a lawyer what do you think please help I am tired of hurting but want to be treated right in this long time of hurting


  • If I hurt my back on job and have to undergo surgery . Will they compensate me for having to endure that
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    ...about coverage from workmanship comp.
    But I do recognize the feelings of being overwhelmed with a lot of questions and trying to take care of yourself. Taking care can become a full time job in itself.

    My experience was the day after I had to quit my job.... Due to chronic pain....the next day I saw a Disability attorney. He helped me immensely.

    I also found a pain management doctor as my primary ran out of ideas. The PM doc has helped me to become stable in my pain and also diagnosed things that were not yet focused on. Those were the two best moves I made at the beginning of my chronic pain cycle.

    I wish you the very best at getting your answers and to find appropriate pain control.
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

  • advertisement
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    My employer had me coming into the office and doing light duty work. When I would have to leave to go to doctor appointments or physical therapy, my employer wasn't compensating me for that & they were deducting those hours of missed work from my vacation days. I ended up hiring an attorney. I really didn't want to, but now I'm glad I did. Any time an issue came up, I just call my attorney & he handles it. My claim is still in progress after almost 2 years & 2 surgeries.
Sign In or Register to comment.