Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Here we go again?

I am getting really worried again. My last surgery was in early 2013, and I recovered better than the one before that, but I am starting to really hurt again and no job / insurance. I am stuck in a catch 22. I can't file for disability unless I'm being treated by a doctor to back my claim, but can't afford a doctor to treat me. My life has been in decline since I was laid off after my first surgery in 2012.

I am really starting to loose all hope, and for a long time was so depressed I could not even try to advocate my treatment. Luckily I found a county based program for medical treatment for no income people. I have my first appointment with them, and my fist doctor visit next month. I really need an MRI, and pain management again, because I am starting have real problems again.

I guess on a good note. It only hurts if I move.
04/24/15
Left foramina stenosis of L3/L4 (retrolisthesis)
---------
04/09/13
L2-ilaic revision fusion ( loose screws) with a laminectomy at L3 (cage at L3-L4)
----------
03/13/12
(PLIF) -@ L4/ L/5 - S1 (cage at L4/L5)
advertisement

Comments

• If you have no income why can't you file for Medicaid? Are you from USA? Maybey you could research clinical trials? Is your pain in your neck or back? If it's your neck like mine I get some relief wearing a soft cervical collar and my heating pad. Anti inflammatory pills help to if taken as directed every day. I also get massages often which feels good.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • Thank you for the advice. In the state of FL, single males without a child living in the house don't get healthcare assistance. My lower back is my problem. Fused from S1-L2, with an experimental (Only dr. in the USA to do it) rod and screw configuration. I am in the US, and take OTC pills like they are candy. They help, but only so much. My pain is clearly pinching nerves, so massage does nothing. Thanks again. BPF
    04/24/15
    Left foramina stenosis of L3/L4 (retrolisthesis)
    ---------
    04/09/13
    L2-ilaic revision fusion ( loose screws) with a laminectomy at L3 (cage at L3-L4)
    ----------
    03/13/12
    (PLIF) -@ L4/ L/5 - S1 (cage at L4/L5)
  • advertisement