Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nevro Spine Chord Stim

KrukkerKKrukker Posts: 1
edited 02/11/2015 - 4:49 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi all -

I've just had the Nevro SCS implanted and wanted to see if anyone else has had this specific device? I have had 5 previous surgeries/spinal fusions done but this recovery is a bit different as I have surgery pain and then getting used to the device. Also, who to go to with post op questions - the rep or surgeon? I feel the post-op instructions were way confusing :-/
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    edited 02/11/2015 - 4:49 AM
    welcome to spine-health

use that above hyperlink to help you get started with spine-health and navigate through the system.

if there are any questions, you can always post them here, send liz or myself a private message or contact ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I just had one implanted last Fri. How are you doing and is it working? I have a lot of questions if like iI would to talk to you . Let me know.
    John
  • advertisement
  • I had my nevro implanted 5 weeks ago. The only pain I had after the surgery was from the site where the battery was implanted. The pain lasted about 2 weeks . On week 4 my unit stopped charging which I am now waiting on a new charger. I would like to hear from anyone else who has had this problem. My remote can still sync with the unit and I can change the setting but the charger won't sync so I had to turn the unit off after which the pain returned. My rep has been wonderful helping me to get a new charger which suppose to arrive today.
    Harry D. Cline
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hdcline1 said:
    I had my nevro implanted 5 weeks ago. The only pain I had after the surgery was from the site where the battery was implanted. The pain lasted about 2 weeks . On week 4 my unit stopped charging which I am now waiting on a new charger. I would like to hear from anyone else who has had this problem. My remote can still sync with the unit and I can change the setting but the charger won't sync so I had to turn the unit off after which the pain returned. My rep has been wonderful helping me to get a new charger which suppose to arrive today.
    Just had my Psych evaluation and my pain management office is setting me up with my insurance to do a trial of this new style Nevro system. After 6 fusions and a massive football size tumor removed from the base of my spine, I never walked again, it has been 20 months now...I bought Trekking Poles and use those to hold myself up to get around some. I have Failed Back Syndrome and need Fentanyl 75 MCD every 2 days. Problem is, my insurance SCAN Medicare Supplemental HMO just raised ALL my meds to a higher tier. I went from $10.00 a month co-pay to $50.00 and will hit the doughnut hole in just 4 months!

How has this helped with your pain? What TYPE of pain has it helped with? I hurt from all the Titanium hardware itself and ALSO from neuropathy now in BOTH legs. I wonder if this may help with one or BOTH types of pain? The doctors suspect a pain PUMP is my best option but we are trying this first. After 4 major surgeries in 5 months, age 67 now, all surgery has become very high risk. If you or ANYONE has ANY info about the Nevro SCS, please share? I am waiting for the call to go and have my trial begin as I type this and scared to death since the last surgery that did 4 fusions at one time using the Mazor Robot, was SUPPOSED to reduce my pain in the lumbar area 50%. I walked in for that surgery but never walked again. I also had NEVER taken ANY pain meds prior. Now need Fentanyl till I die and it still leaves me bed ridden? Sorry but I have had all I can endure....

Desperate for ANY info on this Nevro,
    Mike
    Fusion With Hardware C5/C6
    Fusion With Hardware L3 THROUGH S1
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.