Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

choosing a surgeon

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Personally I prefer Orthopedic Spine Surgeons over Neurosurgeons. OSS do all spine all day every day, many NS do spine and brain. Ask around to anyone you know who has had back problems. Ask your PCP or any other physicians you see. When you narrow it down check the state medical board to see if the surgeon has had any complaints. Some complaints are trivial but some are significant (I know a surgeon who was sure because the surgeon left a scar on the spine. Ridiculous!

I now live in Wisconsin but like my Orthopedic Spine Surgeon in AZ and will travel back to have him do other surgeries if necessary.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos