Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

myofascial pain syndrome

anyone found anything that actually works for this long term? mine started when i got a small disc protrusion at t8-t9 (approx 2 years ago), i've tried loads of things, the only thing that works well is trigger point injections but they only last a few weeks! anyone found a supplement or modality that can help break the cycle....?
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,430
  • think i've tried everything in those videos, anyone on any medication/supplements that's helped them or got any techniques not featured in those links that have helped?
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Jon123, have u ever tried rolfing? It seemed to help a bit for my trigger points
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • I've had a lot of myofascial release techniques which do help but never last. I've got a theracane at home that I'm pretty religious about using. I'm not really familiar with rolfing is it similar to myofascial release?
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Yes I think it's similar , targets facia. May be same thing but was called Rolfing where I went
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • I find the Botox with steroids trigger point injections last longer than the lidocaine type. My body responds well to really hot, strong Epsom salt baths but others hate it! I'm a big fan of magnesium in general. I swear I can tell a difference, particularly with RLS type jerks if I stop taking it. We're all different. Have you got the compounded Ketamine etc etc etc cream?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Haven't tried that cream, I'm in the UK so don't know how easy that would be to get hold of, there seems to be a lot more options for people over the pond! I've got a meeting with my chronic pain consultant next week so will see if he can prescribe me any creams etc
advertisement