Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Awaiting my first injection

laurienibargerllaurienibarger Posts: 1
edited 03/15/2015 - 7:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have multi level disc bulges..the severe one being at the C6-C7 . I have daily headaches, right arm pain, numbness, and tingling. Therapy and traction was stopped for to new right arm involuntary twitching and bilateral foot pain, v tingling. Anyone else have foot involvement??? I have my first injection Monday. I have been off work for 6 weeks...needing to get beck..support my family. Help ?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    edited 03/15/2015 - 7:49 AM
    welcome to spine-health

use that above hyperlink to help you get started with spine-health and navigate through the system.

if there are any questions, you can always post them here, send liz or myself a private message or contact ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • laurienibarger said:
    I have multi level disc bulges..the severe one being at the C6-C7 . I have daily headaches, right arm pain, numbness, and tingling. Therapy and traction was stopped for to new right arm involuntary twitching and bilateral foot pain, v tingling. Anyone else have foot involvement??? I have my first injection Monday. I have been off work for 6 weeks...needing to get beck..support my family. Help ?
    What kind of injection did you get? And how did it go? I had a facet injection at C4/5 and it didn't help me at all. If anything made pain worse. Hope yours was a success!
  • advertisement
  • I too had two bad disc herniations (bulge) and tried therapy and traction and they did not work. I have headaches, numbness, twitching, burning feelings in my arms and on and off right leg numbness /pain and left foot numbing. I had 6 facet injections done about 6 weeks ago and they did not give me any pain relief. I am currently waiting to have my C5-C7 fused now because the discs have actually degenerated. I am only 28 years old and the Doctors can not tell me why this is happening. After my injections failed surgery is the only option.

Hang in there and I hope you receive some pain relief soon.

• Rstubbens said:
    I too had two bad disc herniations (bulge) and tried therapy and traction and they did not work. I have headaches, numbness, twitching, burning feelings in my arms and on and off right leg numbness /pain and left foot numbing. I had 6 facet injections done about 6 weeks ago and they did not give me any pain relief. I am currently waiting to have my C5-C7 fused now because the discs have actually degenerated. I am only 28 years old and the Doctors can not tell me why this is happening. After my injections failed surgery is the only option.

Hang in there and I hope you receive some pain relief soon.
    I follow up with neurologist tomorrow. Since facet injection failed and I've already done Physical Therapy for over a year (2-3x a week), acupuncture for 6 months, etc... I am afraid he is going to recommend surgery. When is your surgery scheduled for?
    I also get bad headaches, burning in my shoulder blades and traps and tingling in my ring and pinky finger along with sharp stabbing pain in my neck.
  • I am on the cancelation list for my surgery so it could be any day. All my symptoms sound the same as yours. normally my headaches will last anywhere from 2-10 days, and the pain meds I am on are not even touching them. I find that everyday is a different day and the pain is always different or in a new spot. I have spent thousands on treatment /therapy and none of it worked so I am happy with the surgery because my surgeon said it will reduce my pain by 70%. I am really scared for surgery but I have been like this for 2 years now and my quality of life is just getting worse. It has been 7 months since I have done anything physically active and I used to live at the gym or outside running. I am trying to stay positive and focused that in a year or so I will be back at doing things I love.

Hang in there I will be thinking of you!

Rachel
  • advertisement
  • Rstubbens said:
    I am on the cancelation list for my surgery so it could be any day. All my symptoms sound the same as yours. normally my headaches will last anywhere from 2-10 days, and the pain meds I am on are not even touching them. I find that everyday is a different day and the pain is always different or in a new spot. I have spent thousands on treatment /therapy and none of it worked so I am happy with the surgery because my surgeon said it will reduce my pain by 70%. I am really scared for surgery but I have been like this for 2 years now and my quality of life is just getting worse. It has been 7 months since I have done anything physically active and I used to live at the gym or outside running. I am trying to stay positive and focused that in a year or so I will be back at doing things I love.

Hang in there I will be thinking of you!

Rachel
    We are totally in the same boat. I am on a year and a half, have spent $15,000 on therapies and treatments and MRI's. It's been a year since I have done anything physical. I used to run and spin and do yoga. I've gained 10 lbs in the last year. I used to be so active, I could keep up with my teenage sons. It's so true how every day is different. You have no idea what you are going to wake up to. I think that is the most frustrating thing about this. I can't make lunch dates with girlfriends like I used to because I have no idea what that morning will bring. Cant plan vacations for the same reason. I have to live day by day and take advantage of the good days. I have had a non stop headache since the day of my car accident 18 months ago. On good days my headache is a 3, bad days it's a 9 and pain meds bring it down to a 7 for a couple hours and then I'm right back to a 9.
    Thank God I am married to an amazing, caring man. He bought me a jacuzzi and I use it 1-2 times daily. It's really the only thing that helps me feel human again. Tomorrow I see my neurologist to follow up on the results (or lack there of) of my facet injection which I had three weeks ago. It didn't bring me any relief so I am guessing he will finally recommend surgery. PM me any time you need to vent. I totally feel your pain (literally, ha ha).
    You hang in there too. I hope you get the call very soon. Let me know if you do so I can keep you in my prayers and send you good healing your way.
advertisement