Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

how long on pain meds one lavel acdf?

Comments

• I have been taking percocet 10/325 (8 a day) and robaxin (3 a day). This is insane as never in my life have I taken this high amounts of any medication. My pain so far has not been controlled at all, not one second. The result is being miserable and unable to do anything mentally complex (not me at all). I am currently waiting on my refill. My doc completely see's the need and didn't have a problem with refiling. My doc had to mail the RX sheet to me and I have not received it yet and I'm out. I have tramadol but refuse to take it because I know it won't do much to help. I hate all pain medications (allergic to all anti-inflammatory type medications). That is a huge part of why I decided to do the surgery.

I hope you are able to get relief soon. Don't stress so much on how long you take the meds. Everyone is different.

Short background. I'm 35, very active (or was), 105 pounds. I have been dealing with cervical issues for 17 years and in severe pain for the last 5. With that being said I have a lot of damage to reverse and an immense tolerance for pain. My C5/C6 disk was completely shot and I had two large clumps of bone spurs at C6/7. After seeing the MRI I had to have last week (possible complications) I should have done a 2-Level ACDF. I'm not sure if my situation will be relevant to yours.