Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Methadone?

advertisement

Comments

• hi your comment about methadone is scaring me. I am on 83 liquid methadone and cant imagine what the pain would be if I didn't have it.i talk to a lot of people down at the clinic and it is so sad and scary how potent this drug is. there are several pregnant women(girls) at the clinic. a friend tells me her baby is still in the icu combatting coming off methadone. it saddens me that this happens and the best news for these moms is "he is down to only 1 dose of morphine a day". it did save my life, but my pain laughs at it. im ready to be off of it, but cannot imagine what the pain would be without it. surgery cannot come to soon for me, regards, kathy
  • aruzinskyaaruzinsky Posts: 40
    edited 06/26/2015 - 5:51 AM
    I can't help you with your sedation problem because every opioid that I have tried slightly stimulates me, similar to what I would experience with 100 mg. of caffeine. However, I suggest that you subjectively rate the euphoria/analgesia ratio of tried opioids and choose the one with the lowest ratio because it will probably have the least potential for addiction and the least potential to cause you to make irrationally optimistic decisions. In my experience, methadone has a relatively low ratio whereas hydrocodone has a relatively high ratio.
    Steve
  • advertisement
  • Hi,

My name's Gary, just joined today and am eating breakfast so won't write much now. Methadone... I have read all of you guys posts regarding Methadone and I found all the posts interesting. I have used most of the NSAIDS and many types of narcotics. Also acupuncture, massage, yoga, marijuana, hypnotherapy... I am on 50mph Fentanyl patch and taking two to four 10/325 Endocets a day -- the pain remains between 5 & 8. The meds that I am on hardly work! But without them the pain would stay at  around 7 to 9. These numbers are estimates and they change slightly as time passes.

I am going to see a pain management doctor three days from now, what we will be looking at is Methadone. He has three patients on it, and all three say that it works to different degrees. My GP will give me the RX script and my insurance may pay for it. I am going for it. I am desperate. And, I believe that it will work better than any other pain med that I have used in the past.

I am 78 years old and have been in the chair since 1979. (37 years so far and not much longer,:-)  At my age I am not concerned about side affects or long term problems. I just want a few years of relative peace.  

I have three different pain areas and all three are chronic. I have had 24/7 chronic pain for the past 15 years. Before that I had pain (5 -10) off and on since about five years post injury.  Yes, the first five years were virtually pain free. I fell 40 feet and landed on an iron railing breaking apart my L-1 vertebrae -- I have a plate attached to the T-12 and L-2 vertebras. Some of the numbers here are estimates, but THE PAIN IS THERE ALL THE TIME!
    Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts on pain control that you could offer? I need help.

Gary