Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.


Im 24 year male 6'2 was in shape and worked out for years.... Im Sure it came from gym where I used to workout hard and heavy. Saw Chiro in past and never really helped.

After having sciatica symptoms for a year now and trying to work around it.... ended up going to get an M.R.I. on lumber spine September 2014
results were found : (MRI WRITTEN REPORT)


That was in September now I recently went to neurologist where they did ALL TESTING for NERVE DAMAGE and I came out perfect with no nerve damage what so ever. Went back to ORTHO who said he doesn't want to injection epidural or anything because he doesn't see it that bad....

I really want to get back to my routine: since injury I do light weights upper body and little leg machines but nothing compared to what was before weight and some lifts..... what hurts me mostly is the CARDIO LIFESTYLE... I flare up quick down the right side if I do anything except bike.... (which isn't dong much for me). I used to do Stairmaster, jogging, elliptical and now all of them flare me up... I stretch before and after workouts.... so I know about the stretching and icing it down 25 mins if im in pain after working out.... but my main situation is I don't want to continue my life like this I want to be able to do the things I love....

should I see another ORTOPEDIAC?


  • Hey there, I would definitely see another orthopedic doctor, or a pain management doctor. A year is quite some time with this pain, and if it was gonna get better on its own, it already would have. I think you should bring your test results to another doctor. Try epidural steroid Injections, maybe decompression therapy with a chiropractor, and see how you feel. If not, perhaps a micro discectomy may be your answer. You can take anti inflammatories such as ib profin to assist with the flare ups, you can even ask for nerve medication such as neurontin or lyrica...they do wonders. ,. My biggest advice for you Is don't suck up the pain. It's clearly an issue that's affecting your life significantly and unfortunately it usually continues to get worst. Once the buldging/ herniated disk presses on the nerve, over time your nerves begin to die which makes it all that harder to recover. I'm also 24, I had hip and leg pain for 1.5 years before I got a l5-s1 surgery 5 weeks ago. Unfortunately since I waited so long, my recovery is also taking some time. But it was the best decision, the pain can not even be compared to pre op. I made this decision even though my pain management doctor didn't agree with it. I bet it's been difficult but don't give up. As frustrating and upsetting it may be, more people than you will ever imagine deal with it and there is a solution. Good luck!
  • true... I mean I got 65-70% better from before when I was doing certain exercises...... I do take anti inflamm. and stretch regularly.... I doubt it will be surgery and I tried decompression in the past... never seen anything from it.... maybe a injection will do it... only god will know what can help me.... I hope I can get out this dark lifestyle of not being able to give my 100% in gym and certain outdoor activities.
  • advertisement
  • I will be doing an epideral injection said the dr
Sign In or Register to comment.