Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

IME appointment

gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 240
edited 05/11/2015 - 2:41 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi, I have a IME appointment for my T4-T10 fusion. Of course my workers comp want me off the books. I do know they work for the insurance company and they favor them. But my question is do you or should someone have a lawyer for this. I dont see the doctor saying I am fine? But he can say whatever he wants to the insurance company. I am 5 months post op. A carpenter that does heavy work. At 50 years old, I feel like I can be be screwed for ever. My body is no way ready for work at this time. Should someone come with me? Plus WC lawyers are all 20% here in PA .
Greg fisher


  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    I am also a resident of PA. I was injured over 2 years ago at work. I had to hire an attorney a couple of months after my injury because work comp wasn't paying me my wages while I was off work. It does suck that the attorney takes a cut out of your money, but he has really helped me through these journeys over the last 2 years.
    I would call & request a consultation with an attorney. They can tell you what to expect at your IME.
  • gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 240
    I dont get much on WC now. Not like you can get rich. Or it a good thing to get. All the WC lawyers are a flat 20% and for them to take that much of my check. I would have a very hard time paying bills. I want to hold out as long as possible. Dont want a lawyer unless really need one.
    Greg fisher
  • advertisement
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    My attorney doesn't take money out of my checks each month. He will get a part of the settlement when my case is closed with work comp.
    I understand what you say about how much you get paid on comp. I never realized that they don't pay you full pay? I guess I'm lucky to get what im getting, but geez, every month, I'm loosing $400? My attorney keeps telling me that I'll get it back in the end. But that's what he'll be taking his cut out of.
    Have you researched what all happens at the IME? That's where I'd start. That way you can be better prepared for what will go on. My old pain doctor told comp that he wanted me to do a functional capacity exam(FCE). When I researched what all you have to do for that, I called my attorney. He called & got it postponed. As it turns out, I'll be having another surgery, so there's no way I would be able to do that exam. It's like being in physical therapy for 3 straight hours!
Sign In or Register to comment.