Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ACDF Surgery C5-6 tomorrow

advertisement

Comments

• Still can't get comfortable. I dont know where this headache came from. Hope this is all part of the healing process
  • Hi... they pumped so much medication into you body during the surgery who knows what caused the headache, could be lack of sleep or lack of solid food too. Hang in there, the worst is almost over. Getting comfortable takes time, especially with a collar, I found out I adjust my collar differently when I sit, or lay down.

Don't forget to eat, you might not feel like it because of your throat, but your body needs nutrition to heal, moving forward you might not feel hungry because you won't do much during recovery but you still need to force yourself to eat good food daily.

So glad you surgery is over, take it easy and rest rest rest! we are pulling for you.

Kenny
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for the Support.
    Today is a tad better.
    Forcing myself to eat. My throat is not as sore today, so it will be much easier.
  • Hi kmn1211 Glad to see your doing better. :) I'm going in on Tuesday, May 26th for a 4-level ACDF C3-C7. I cant wait to have this surgery and get it over with. I hope you continue to heal and have a great future to look forward to.

KEN
  • Thanks for sharing your post-op experience! I'm getting an ACDF for C5-C6 in June, so I'm anxious to hear more about how it goes.
  • advertisement
  • I am having 3 levels plus removal of C4. Afraid but resigned. Hopefully soon we will be on the other side...healing. Healing thoughts and prayers for all.

Ivym
  • One thing that makes this post op difficult is I can't take the pain pills because they make me sick. They prescribed an anti nausea pill to take 1/2 before, but I'm so afraid that I may vomit and I definitely don't want to be doing THAT right now!
    I have been taking Xtra strength Tylenol.
    Today, day 4, I feel better than yesterday and it seems like everyday I feel a little better. The headache is gone.
    I feel little pings and pangs of pain lower than c5-6 and don't know if it's coming from the work they did on that or some other problem or not. I'll have to wait and see.
    If I sit for too long, I feel it and have to go lay down. I'm very guarded and maintaining a stiff posture.
    We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Icollins - it sounds like you are having the same thing done as me! You will be fine
  • Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I have a C5-C6 acdf surgery in 1 month and I am very nervous too, but we will get through it !!
    Monica Gomez :)
  • Tomorrow you will be safely on the other side. You will do great! You have all of our support. Please check back in soon.

ivym
advertisement