Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

PT not good for my age?

hey all...
i have been advised to go for physio therapy because of the sciatica caused by bulging discs...but i have several people telling me its not good for my age...told it might ruin me more than i am ruined already...im scared coz i want to really be out of this pain...it aint any fun limping out of pain and being in tears almost all day everyday...i will take in any other solution for this other than the painkillers i have been taking initially...they just give me a full stomach nowadays without any relief.
can someone tel me of their experience with PT???Can i go for it too???
Makena
advertisement

Comments

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    I have never heard of anyone saying pt is not good for your age? I am 53 & have benefited from therapy several times throughout my journey. Who are these people telling you this? And did your doctor recommend the therapy for you?
    If so, I would trust your doctor.
  • Thanks for the response...
    My initial doc did recommend PT for me but my current doctor is one of those who doesn't want it for me...i just turned 21 few days ago and it scares me...I'm told i should just try some own pain management but some times my ways don't work...
    i have had good days but bad days will never go away...Today is one of them.people in my office are already becoming impatient with my state since i cant do alot anymore out of pain...i feel like nobody understands what i am going through anymore
    Makena
  • advertisement
  • I would definitely reccomend physical therapy before trying other options. It may not fix it, but hopefully at least can provide a little relief. I am in physical therapy right now for a herniated disc and sciatica and it is helping a bit- probably not the fix for me though. For many people, however, physical therapy is enough for them to recover!
  • youtubelove11 said:
    I would definitely reccomend physical therapy before trying other options. It may not fix it, but hopefully at least can provide a little relief. I am in physical therapy right now for a herniated disc and sciatica and it is helping a bit- probably not the fix for me though. For many people, however, physical therapy is enough for them to recover!
    Also- I'm even younger than you and haven't heard anything about physical therapy being bad because of age.
advertisement