Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I can't see my DDD

advertisement

Comments

• well guys my nerve root was severely compressed between 2 herniations, the 2 disc were black, I mean black, and the nerve root curled almost like a nickle.

that was too painful.
  • Oh Lord, that must have hurt!!
  • advertisement
  • I'm happy I found this form too. I find many folks out their with the same problems I have. I'm a 30yr female and I first found out I had DDD at the age 13 when I was a school. I was a very happy little girl who loved to run jump around all the time. The doctors told me that when I turn 30 I will be wheeled-bound and can't walk. Well I'm 30 and still walking on my own two feet but in very horrible pain though. My DDD is Severe don't know the grade level they didn't tell me. I have scoliois too which makes it more painful.

You can have a happy life if you want too just choose to have one its a choice! Praise GOD I have't had to have surgery on my back.

Thanks,
    Misty
  • Hey I have had Cervical DDD since I was a baby but I just got dignosed with it at age 18. It's been the most scarest thing in my life ever. They are now saying I have it in my Thoraic and possibly in my lumbar they are not sure yet becuase they haven't done a full scan of my back. So I am not sure what is going on. No doctor will ever touch me. When I graduate at end of this year from high school I won't have insurance. So I need to get something done because I can't live with these migraines and neck pains and shoulder pains. Gosh it sucks. Well, I hope you find some help.
    Love Always,
    Jess
    :W
  • Hi Keyko,

Maybe you can apply for Medicaid if you have low income and can't work, or apply for Social Security. It takes a long time; get a lawyer; the sooner you start the process, the better, because they will backpay from the disability date. They do however have a strict guidelines for back conditons to consider it severe enougn to be a disability. You're young, and you may have a good case, depending on medical evidence.
  • advertisement
advertisement