Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Just heard from surgeons office - confused and frustrated.

I was finally able to get through to someone. They said he did review the MRI and it is herniated, but unclear if it is a new, or a residual. She made it sound like it was up to me whether to go forward with another surgery? And, I do not know what to do. My symptoms aren't what they were, but they are there enough for me to know that I'm not "normal" yet. And, sitting, which my job is a desk job, is very uncomfortable. Also, she said I was at the maximum time off for a micro (7 weeks now).

So, I am on a cancellation list to get in to talk to him. I'm so frustrated - thoughts?
advertisement

Comments

• potocki99ppotocki99 Posts: 13
    edited 08/13/2015 - 4:40 PM
    Lots of action in the forum today :) Just want to bump this to try and get input.

Please, do think that by adding a comment to your thread is going to get any quicker responses. Let things take their natural course. People will respond when they have things to say - Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator
  • Your doctor sounds less than helpful. Unfortunately, the amount of time/effort doctors put in to individual patients and their needs seems to be continually going down. Find another doctor; one that will sit down with you, review the MRI in detail, explaining exactly what is wrong, and exactly what your treatment options are. It took me four doctors to find one that would do this. During my first appointment with him, he spent 30 minutes giving me a physical examination, going over my symptoms and explaining what region of the spine was causing them. After that, he spent another 30 minutes going over the MRI in detail, then explained all treatment options with their potential benefits and drawbacks. Not once did he seem in a hurry, put off by questions, or otherwise pre-occupied; I had his full and undivided attention.

Needless to say, this is the guy that I went with for my surgery. Post-op, everyone in his office has given me the same attention they did before. My phone calls get returned within an hour, and they are willing to spend as much time on the phone with me as necessary.

Doctors like this may be rare, but they are worth putting in the effort to find.

Spine problems can drastically effect your quality of life. You owe it to yourself to find someone that is going to help you to the best of their ability to improve that quality of life.

Don't sit around and suffer...seek out a doc that cares, listens, and will take the time to discuss your situation in detail.

Best wishes, :)

--TurtleShells
    L3-4 - L5-S1 Lumbar fusion (3 levels)
    L3, 4, 5 Laminectomies
    L3 - S1 bilateral partial facet resections with grade 1 osteotomies
    L2 left hemilaminectomy
    L2-L3 left foraminotomy
    L3 -S1 posterior instrumentation (looks really cool in the avatar xray)
  • advertisement
  • potocki99ppotocki99 Posts: 13
    edited 08/16/2015 - 2:18 PM
    potocki99 said:
    Lots of action in the forum today :) Just want to bump this to try and get input.

Please, do think that by adding a comment to your thread is going to get any quicker responses. Let things take their natural course. People will respond when they have things to say - Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator
    Actually, since the forum is date driven, posts that have more recent responses are near the top. On busy days, where there is lots of action on the forums, it is natural course for posts to quickly get buried. "Bumping" or adding comment to an original post greatly increases the chance of visibility.

Message sent to member explaining navigation on Spine-Health - Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator