Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Something amazing happened

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
Well to keep if brief After10 + years of riding the dragon for pain relief. And going through 2 hospital based detox programs.
About 8 months I tapered down from 100 mcg Fentanyl pas QoD AND 90 MG OR OXY T ZILCE ... Only medication is valium and vodka .......... I fell like a true American non drug user !!

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    How??? About a year ago I had an ACDF at one of my remaining disks ... C3 - 4 about all the stuff already was already there. Near as I can figure the pain from the pinch in the cord decompression helped be it also changes the dynamic of my neck ..... from hyerstraightening to some thing more reasonable - slightly lordodic wound up with about a 70% reduction my my chronic pain .... Opiate free baby .... only took six surgeries and 10+ years
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    Hope you keep on healing....but mixing Valium and vodka doesn't sound like a safe alternative. I know what pain can drive a person to do though, but the thought of drugs and liquor make my liver cry.
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    I'm glad for you Metal , that's a big accomplishment
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
    Vodka for pain .... diazepam for sleep
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    edited 09/10/2015 - 11:37 AM
    Glad you're feeling better. Will you gradually be able to wean yourself from the vodka? I was thinking that's similar to pain meds, like your body will require more of it as time goes on. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly here, or not seeing the big picture. I apologize if that is the case.
  • advertisement
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 677
    edited 09/10/2015 - 7:45 PM
    arent you afraid of getting hooked on that?
    Also. Do you have muscle tightness?
    And does the Valium help that ?
    The benzodiazepine im on is clonazepam (klonopin) more for anviety than muscle relaxant..... but it does that also. The dosage is VERY different than regular valiums. 4 mg QHS versus 30 to 40 mg a day, I was sober from ETOH for 14 years so I certainly know that drug and its effects very well .... Id still trade Oxy an d Fentanyl for vodka - benzodiazepines and a little 420 any day. My voice of experience.
advertisement