Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Need help :'( can't take the pain

Drew92cDDrew92c Posts: 2
edited 09/16/2015 - 4:51 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hey everyone... I'm hoping someone can help me.

2 days ago my back went out when I was getting up from my bed. As soon as I got up, I felt like someone shot a dart into my spine and I instantly fell right back onto my bed. All I felt was pain. It was completely unbearable. About an hour after that, the pain intensified massively.

My mom says it's a muscle spasm. I've been in bed ever since. I managed to stand up today, but only for a few seconds. I managed to walk two steps before falling back onto my bed because the pain was too intense. The pain has come down to a level that's tolerable, but only when laying down. The other night it was so bad I started to cry.

I've had something similar happen to me about two months ago but it wasn't nearly as intense. I was able to still walk and such, but not this time. This time I feel paralyzed. My mom gave me some of her pills that her Dr gave her for her herniated disc, they haven't helped with the pain, but they do let me sleep in peace.

I've been using a heat pad. It doesn't subside the pain unfortunately. I don't know what to do. I did some research and it says not to lay down for more then 3 days. But, I don't see me walking this week. The pain is just too much. I can't even cough without it feeling like someone is choking my spine.

I feel helpless, idk what to do. Hoping someone has answers :(

Thank you. :(

Warning: It is dangerous to take anyone else's medication. If a doctor find out what was done, both you and your mother would be in trouble. Medications are written for specific people for specific reasons.
The way you described this onset, it does so more muscular and acute in nature. So that is something that with a little time, ice and heat should resolve. But if it continues to get worse and you dont feel right, then contact your doctor to see what they suggest.

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/16/15 10:51
advertisement

Comments

• Drew92c said:
    Warning: It is dangerous to take anyone else's medication. If a doctor find out what was done, both you and your mother would be in trouble. Medications are written for specific people for specific reasons.
    The way you described this onset, it does so more muscular and acute in nature. So that is something that with a little time, ice and heat should resolve. But if it continues to get worse and you dont feel right, then contact your doctor to see what they suggest.

Oh boy.... I only took it once. I won't be doing it again. And thank you... I will post an update if I start to feel better.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • Drew92c said:
    Drew92c said:

Post an update either way ;)

Oh boy.... I only took it once. I won't be doing it again. And thank you... I will post an update if I start to feel better.
    Pls post back either way
    L5/S1 disk compressed, bulging disk, bilateral facet joint arthropathy, neural foramina narrowing

Current med: Hydrocodone, 10/325 3x/day, Morphine,15mg 1x/day at bedtime