Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck Surgery Next Week and Anxious

advertisement

Comments

• I started with a local physio last Monday and the change in my neck has been remarkable. Im six weeks and a day out from my surgery and im starting to feel good. Im walking over 5 miles a day now, 1.5-2 hours of neck exercises and even did a bit of work from home. Driving away and my only issues now are stiffness in the neck and muscle spasms in shoulders which the physio is working on. The voice is still a bit ropey but better than it was. Looking forward to Christmas and getting back to work in January.
  • Overdoing it has been my biggest issue so learn from me lol! Usually it takes just a day or two to "recover" from overdoing but it is disconcerting when it does happen. At 11 weeks out I still overdo sometimes and pay the price. I hope you do not have to experience it!

Are you now glad you had the surgery?? Is the scar on your neck healing well?
  • advertisement
  • Not sure that I had a choice as I was going nowhere without it. Its been (and still is) tough. I went out last night for the first time and found it incredibly difficult to speak to people above the background noise. My neck is sore today but it should clear up tomorrow. The scar is healing well.