Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Old Friends

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
One of the more rewarding benefits about Spine-Health is the friendships we gain.

I know just by reading some of the newer posts, that many of the members have touched a chord with another member and have started a friendship.

Years ago, back in 2006/7 we had a CHAT room on Spine-Health. There was a chore of members that visited the room every night.
It was probably 10:00cst time, but it was always happening. The 20 or so members involved became close. We knew so much about each other, our families, children, dislikes, likes, etc It was a very rewarding time.

I still have a number of what I call friends here. They have probably not logged in for years, but the bond that was shared always remains.
Today, I keep in touch with most of them via Facebook.

Tonight, I heard from an old friend, that she was going in for another spinal surgery. But as a true old time spinal patient, her words were, Ok, so another surgery, glad to having it schedule and just looking forward to the recovery time

I only hope that some of you will establish a friendship, a trust, a level of confidence with other members here. Many time, because of this friendship, there are things we can discuss among ourselves that perhaps never get to our immediate family. Now, that is not a bad thing, all it does it identify the value of having some online friends who have been with your before.
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 1,606
    edited 11/01/2015 - 1:54 PM
    Hi Ron,

Do you ever hear from Angie (ER Nurse)? I lost contact with her a few years ago and have always wanted to catch up with her. She went through all kinds of hell with bone overgrowth and really was one of the first to bring it out into the open about BMP-2.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    I have not heard anything from Angie
    It has to be at least two years since I saw or read anything from her
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,765
    I am in touch with Angie, I will tell her you are asking about her. Maybe you can both get back in contact.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,765
    I have sent you a pm

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • A warm hearth in the cold
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • Hi Ron. I pop on here now and again but not as regularly as I used to. It would be nice to tell you that the reason is because I'm feeling good now, but that's not the case. Without going into details right now, I need another surgery but this time we have to wait until it's necessary when my spine is unstable.

William, I think I know who you are and what your other name was... :-)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    I saw you on here the past day ....

I do love to see names and friends from the past, but I always worry that something is not going right and the person is having new problems.

But, I am sorry to hear that its another surgery.

Wishing you the best.

advertisement