Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lumbar fusion, December 2015, any buddies?

Comments

• Hi surfeit, I've been getting ready for post-surgical needs using the list posted on this site. I can't recall where, exactly, on the site it's housed, but it's pretty wonderful.
    -------
    L4/L5 PLIF planned Dec 2015
  • Hi Abby-
    I did download that list. Thanks for the reminder. I keep trying to cross one thing off the list each day (or couple of days) for preparation. But at times I just don't want to think about it. Had two college students come home last night so a good distraction.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi all, I'm having L4/L5 fusion, TLIF on the 7th. I cant wait for it to get here in spite of my nerves about being shot!!

I'll check in on this group as we recover....Good luck.
    46, Good health, active.
  • advertisement
  • Mark- I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think. I was scheduled for this week, but have been delayed to the end of the month so I'll be among the last of us to go into surgery.
    -------
    L4/L5 PLIF planned Dec 2015
  • Abby,

I'll be sure to come back on an post. A lot going on right now but, very ready for Monday to get here (and GO!).

Mark
    46, Good health, active.
  • Hello! I'm scheduled for ACDF c5-6 on 12/10. EEK! It's only 6 days away. I'm nervous, but looking forward to starting the healing process on my road to recovery, and praying this surgery is successful and without hiccup.
    I'm looking for surgery buddies for support and share notes, tips and experiences!
    I've already written my story on the thread titled December 2015 surgery, but it looks like no one has posted for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping this thread is more active....
  • MomdownMomdown Posts: 96
    edited 12/04/2015 - 10:16 PM
    Hi, it's been some time since I checked in here and so glad to have so many more buddies. And some others moms of young kids, too! So silly, thought I might be unique. I am having l5-s1 fusion (tlif) dec. 10 and cannot wait. Pain has been bad since August, but was trying PT, steroid injection, and other "conservative" treatments. No luck, my spondylolisthesis pain has overall only worsenned with time. I'm prepared to find a whole new world of pain after surgery though, hopefully time-limited though and gradual recovery back to... normal, dare I hope?!

My kids are 8, 6 and 6 (a girl and twin boys). I expect to be in the hospital for at least 3 days. I'm jokingly referring to it as my vacation. Although I haven't been able to do my fair share of the work at home for months, so I'm hardly in need of one. I'm going to miss my kids something awful. Hope this won't be too scary for them.

Is Mark the first one with surgery this month, now that Abby's was postponed (so sorry, Abby!)?
  • I'm glad to find so many new december buddies. Is Mark the first to go on the 7th, now that Abby's was rescheduled (so sorry to hear)? I am looking forward to my l5-s1 fusion next Thursday the 10th. I've been in pain and pretty disabled since august, but encouraged to do PT etc. to potentially avoid surgery-- no luck.

I have an 8 yr old daughter and twin 6 year old boys who want their mom back. I jokingly refer to my upcoming adventure as my vacation. I'm going to be away from home with them longer than ever before.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.