Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Meeting in person?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever met in person with other members? I love having the forum to talk with people, but sometimes I think it would be nice to know if anyone lives close to me or would like to meet in person.
25 years old: Herniated L4-L5, L5-S1 December 2008. L4-L5 microdiscectomy Sept 2010. L5-S1 microdiscectomy March 2012. Redo L4-L5 microdiscectomy Sept 2013. Redo microdiscectomy Oct 2015.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,269
    some of the moderators meet in person. They had a great time together. Like you said, virtual communications is one thing, but nothing is better than one on one conversations.

Ok, Kate, where do you live? Maybe some others are close by
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,643
    It was 6 years ago now, I travelled from London to America to stay at the home of a Spine-health member in Cornish Maine, we met up with a few other members one travelled from Massachusetts, another from Rhode Island and one who also lived in Maine.
    We had a good time and I was shown Maine during my 3 weeks stay.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
  • Liz I don't know why but that surprises me you are so far away and I think that is great.
    I am from Utah and would love to communicate or when better and able to get around meet with others.
    So if you are from this area send me a PM if you want. I have met some wonderful people on here and also
    have had some I considered friends disappear which is hard.
    Take care Sherri
  • SpineyKD23SSpineyKD23 IllinoisPosts: 88
    It is nice to hear that some people have gotten together in person. Wow, Liz- that sounds like quite the trip! I live is central Illinois. Anybody close by?
    25 years old: Herniated L4-L5, L5-S1 December 2008. L4-L5 microdiscectomy Sept 2010. L5-S1 microdiscectomy March 2012. Redo L4-L5 microdiscectomy Sept 2013. Redo microdiscectomy Oct 2015.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,269
    edited 10/30/2015 - 9:39 AM
    The Spine-Health office is in Deerfield,
    I have great old friends that live in Lisle
    And since I spent so much time at IBM school in Chicago, that became my second home.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • SpineyKD23SSpineyKD23 IllinoisPosts: 88
    Oh wow, I didn't realize the office was in IL. I live in Champaign, IL which is 2.5 hours south of Deerfield.
advertisement