Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

any uk people

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all any people in the uk had a spinal fusion get in touch feel i aint been told everything thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Hi jinty.... we do have some UK members here but not too many. Hopefully some will come forward soon enough.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I'm in UK but I "just" ;) had an emergency discectomy/laminectomy.

Might be able to help with some aspects of the surgery though.

Feel free to PM me or write on here.
  • advertisement
  • hi, i am in yorkshire and 4 weeks ago had L5/S1 fusion!! all went ok and my leg pain has gone!! still have back pain, and hip pain from bone graft area.
    still 3 weeks foo work to go, follow up with surg on 29 july.
    Tell me a bit about yourself, and we can swap tales x x claire x x :P
  • Im in UK and had discectomy 10 june. loads of problems since particularly numbness and no bowel/bladder control. see my other postings for details. dont want to bore you again.

ready to help if i can and give back on the help i have had from here.
  • Hello jinty72
    I'm 13 weeks post op Charite ADR L3/L4, L4/L5, ALIF L5/S1 done on 22nd April in London. If I can answer any questions you may have I'd be very pleased to try and help. PM me if you want to.
    Brian McCarthy
  • advertisement
  • Hi Jinty,

I'm in London. What procedure are you having done and what do you want to know? I'm 10 months post Revision ACDF C4/5 and ACDF C5/6 with metalwork. Plus now have another slipped disc at C6/7 and Piriformis Syndrome.

Brian, that's a v Irish name. Are you another from the Emerald Isle that escaped and took up residence in the big smoke like me?? LOL.

Cx
  • Hello cmcmonagle
    it's an Irish name and I'm sure of Irish decent from Galway but I'm a London born Essex lad.
    Where are you in London?
    You sound like you have been through it a bit. Are you getting your C6/C7 fixed soon? Have you tried deep tissue massage for your piriformis syndrome? If not, might be worth giving it a go.
    Regards
    Brian
  • Hey Jinty,

I'm in the UK too, I live in Lancashire. I had surgery 4 years ago but it seems my hardware failed 9 months ago so I'm struggling along in an even worse state than I was in before I even had the surgery.

Jaycee, I didn't realise you were in the UK too!

Hey Claire, where in Yorkshire are you? I'm pleased to hear that you're doing so well after your fusion :)

Brian - how are things going with you?

Ailska - is that a Race for Life photo in your avatar? I managed to run that last July, I did it in 38 minutes and I was so proud :)

C - how you feeling today honey?
  • i was told by a few ppl to fone the hospital which did still waiting on a reply nurse said he would fone me back and ive had nothing really fed up with it all now feel noone gives a crap xx
  • Jinty,

You need to keep hassling the consultants secretary until you get an appointment or an answer to your question. You haven't mentioned what surgery you are having or if you've had any tests carried out previously. If you tell me what exactly you are waiting for then I can help you. Up until Tuesday, I was employed by the NHS but they dismmised me becuase of my sickness but that's another story!

Brian, I'm having intense physio twice a week and have been for awhile now but it's not helping. I cannot stand for 10 mins without the severe lower back and leg pain. I feel at times my leg is going to give way. I'm having epidural injections as well as the nerves burned on Thursday and I think they are going to inject the piriformas as well. It's driving me mad now. If it's not a neck flare up it's a lower back flare up! LOL. My consultants are trying everything to avoid me having a third surgery but my nmbness and tingling is getting worse in my arm and the previous injections didn't work so, it could be a third op for me but fingers crossed it won't come to that. Where abouts in Essex are you? I lived in Chelmsford and Harlow when I was a student nurse 12 years ago. I'm now in Wimbledon.

Cx
advertisement