Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

any uk people

advertisement

Comments

• I am UK too.

I had Dynesis S1-L5 and PLIF L5-S1 and revision PLIF L4-S1 this year.

Check this website out - a lot of good info.

http://www.spinalunit.org/site-map.htm

Go back to GP and get some stronger meds for goodness sake. I too struggled until a friend of mine really told me off, what good was i doing, hardly able to move? I agree with the others, if you don't hassle you won't be taken seriously and you suffer, not the doctor! Ask for a Pian Clinic referral, not unreasonable. Take care.
  • Hi

I'm in Milton Keynes and am 'trying' to live with DDD and bulging discs. S1/L5/L4. I went to rehab in Coventry last December and since then have been building my work/exercise/life back up.

I'm in the middle of a relapse at the moment and just come back from the GP as Tramadol plus diclophenac isn't working. She doesn't want to change the tramadol as the next step is opiates, but has asked that I try Naproxen alongside for a few weeks. Hopefully it will help and everything will settle down again.

Good luck all
  • advertisement
  • Welcome to Spine Health.com Snoopy,
    We are always very pleased to see another Brit on board!
    Sorry to hear you are going through a flare up, and hope that Naproxen helps settle it down for you, we all understand how hideous it is trying to get back to a reasonable quality of life, and hope this is a solution for you and look forward to seeing you post and hope you "ask away" if you have any questions about your condition or even give your insights as to how to cope on the non-surgical route you are taking .
    Take Care, Best Wishes Viking
  • Hi everyone!

I'm waiting for my 4th fusion for spondyloptosis as I have ehlers-danlos syndrome and the last three didn't work. I'm from Essex/Staffs. Em x

• Hi Em,
    I am waiting for my second fusion after the last one turned out to be a non-fusion, so my original problem is still there , an unstable spondylolysthesis, 2 black discs and now I have all the screws lose and boring larger and larger holes in my vertebrae as time goes on and the one screw is so close to the nerve it has my left leg, hip and heel recieving zaps when I least expect .

Sorry you are going through this a 4th time, That sucks! I hope you keep posting and tell us how you are getting on, maybe we will have our ops at the same time and we can compare notes and grumble about it all together.

You will receive lots of support and encouraging words on here and there is always someone who can point you in the right direction if you are searching for some information or are researching a spine problem .

Best Wishes Viking :)
  • advertisement
  • Hi,

I'm from Leeds. Had my 6 week post op review yesterday. Also had another op 10 weeks ago but slipped it again (see other post). I had quite a few relatively minor complaints still to quiz the doctor about - but was told everything is fine and not to worry. Here's the list in case its helpful for anyone:-
    - twitches
    - some numbness in foot
    - sore left buttock
    - aching around top of both legs
    - can't comfortably straighten left leg
    - back "catches me out" sometimes when I move
    Overall though I'm starting to turn the corner after a really hellish 10 weeks. Itching to get back to the gym in a few weeks. A few weeks ago I never thought the day would come.

Would love to hear from others.

Good luck, Eric.
  • Hi,

I'm from Leeds. Had my 6 week post op review yesterday. Also had another op 10 weeks ago but slipped it again (see other post). I had quite a few relatively minor complaints still to quiz the doctor about - but was told everything is fine and not to worry. Here's the list in case its helpful for anyone:-
    - twitches
    - some numbness in foot
    - sore left buttock
    - aching around top of both legs
    - can't comfortably straighten left leg
    - back "catches me out" sometimes when I move
    Overall though I'm starting to turn the corner after a really hellish 10 weeks. Itching to get back to the gym in a few weeks. A few weeks ago I never thought the day would come.

Would love to hear from others.

Good luck, Eric.
  • For the support

One week on and I'm getting better slowly.

I had a great glut massage that afternoon from my sports therapist at the gym, and that helped as did the prescribed hot water bottle (hard in this heat) So I'm not sure if the Naproxen/stretches/massage/heat all helped or just one or two, but who cares!

I'm still stiff and sore, but am off to Spain tomorrow night for two weeks. Not looking forward to the flights, but doing aqua exercises in the pool in Spain will be better than at the gym!

Good luck to all
    See you in August
    Snoopy
    x
  • Hey Snoopy,

You're right, pool exercises in Spain are gonna be far better than here! I hope you cope with the flights ok and have a great time.

I've not been here for a while but it's great to see so many other UK people here :)
  • Hi all

Bringing this back as there are a few newbies from the UK, and thought this thread might help them

I'm back from my holidays. It was restful but painful. Tried eating out and going for drinks, but all too much for the spine, even though all I did was lounge around the pool during the day. I never managed the shops or the market - but no loss as the Euro exchange rate was rubbish!

I've seen the consultant and he has agreed to operate (poss 2 x ADR and 3 level fusion) so I'll have LOADS of questions once I see him on 9th Sept to finalise things.

Speak soon

Snoops
    x
advertisement