Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medtronics Pain Pump

Has anyone had your medtronic Pain pump stop working?
Mine is beeping every hour, just a one tone beep. This has been going on for a 2-3 days and I could not get in to see the doctor today. So going tomorrow to find out what is wrong. We are only one month out from the last fill. I'm hearing an alarm every hour, on the hour, so tomorrow I will be driving 90 minutes north to the clinic that did the pain pump. I'm a little freaked out, because it has only been 40 days since it was last filled. It should go for 87 days. My pain has increased the past couple fo days, but the weather is changing, and it can be attributed to that if not the pump. I just don't want the pump to cause me any problems, because for the first time in years, I feel good and although I deal with pain daily, it is managed and I am funcitoning.
So experiences please. Have you heard the alarms? What do they mean? I hope it is something just needs to be reset in teh electronics of it. But then I start thinking that the tubing is kinked because the pump flips all the time. Couldn't that tubing get twisted? My imagination is running wild, and every time I hear the alarm, it makes me more and more nervous.
Calling the doc tomorrow morning, but it can't be anything bad. I won't let it.
Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    Good to know your still out there fighting ... we go back now together almost 8 years !!!!

Warmest Regards,

Dave
  • Neck of Steel CindyNNeck of Steel Cindy Posts: 1,051
    edited 01/28/2016 - 5:18 PM
    Metalneck said:
    Good to know your still out there fighting ... we go back now together almost 8 years !!!!

Warmest Regards,

Dave, yes it has been a long long time. I started on my spine journey in February 2006, surgery August 2006, and joined Spine-health about September-October 2006. So I've been here about 10 years. I remember you well. I don't hop on very often, but I have a question regarding my mother's lumbar tonight so I need to do some research. I've got MUCHO experience with the neck, but I don't know a thing about lumbar. I do have bone on bone at L3/4/5 myself, but I have never done anything about it. Anyway, we need to catch up some time. I hope your feeling good. Cindy
    Dave
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement
  • Neck of Steel Cindy said:
    Has anyone had your medtronic Pain pump stop working?
    Mine is beeping every hour, just a one tone beep. This has been going on for a 2-3 days and I could not get in to see the doctor today. So going tomorrow to find out what is wrong. We are only one month out from the last fill. I'm hearing an alarm every hour, on the hour, so tomorrow I will be driving 90 minutes north to the clinic that did the pain pump. I'm a little freaked out, because it has only been 40 days since it was last filled. It should go for 87 days. My pain has increased the past couple fo days, but the weather is changing, and it can be attributed to that if not the pump. I just don't want the pump to cause me any problems, because for the first time in years, I feel good and although I deal with pain daily, it is managed and I am funcitoning.
    So experiences please. Have you heard the alarms? What do they mean? I hope it is something just needs to be reset in teh electronics of it. But then I start thinking that the tubing is kinked because the pump flips all the time. Couldn't that tubing get twisted? My imagination is running wild, and every time I hear the alarm, it makes me more and more nervous.
    Calling the doc tomorrow morning, but it can't be anything bad. I won't let it.
    I found out that the sound I was hearing was an alarm sounding that it was about to run out of medicine. Apparently the doctor had forgotten to reprogram that the reservoir had been filled, although he did remember to change the dosage a bit. He was embarrassed and didn't make me pay for the visit to get it reset. It was ONLY 1.5 HOURS EACH WAY, but I couldn't be mad at him about it, especially when he was so obviously embarrassed for making that little oops. I can take the little oops.
    Just thought someone else may want to know what it meant.
  • I haven't talked to you in ages and didn't even know you got a pain pump. Great to see you're still up and about! :-)
advertisement