Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How about gaining weight?

I can't eat hardly anything these days, everything gives me gas and cramps and I get full within a few bites of anything. I've lost 20 pounds now in 2 weeks mostly just laying in bed. I'm lighter than I have been since I was in middle school! My biggest question is how do I keep weight on while still eating healthy?
All questions and answers are given from a personal perspective only. I have congenital stenosis from C4-C7, and T7-S1. I am actively being seen my by doctor and following his advice. I strongly suggest that you do the same.
advertisement

Comments

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    I'm envious of your weight loss, that is a quick loss there, especially for not being active. Hopefully it is nothing to be alarmed about, but since your stomach is acting up, I would ask your Dr about it. Have you been constipated also?
  • Yup, constipated especially the last couple weeks. I've been overweight for nearly my entire life and I'm now down 110 pounds from my heaviest. I've had back problems for a long time, found out recently I had congenital stenosis. Been getting steroid injections over the last year but things have gone downhill fast. Been seeing my doctor, was there 4 out of the last 5 weekdays. I have a neurological consult coming up here soon and some bulging discs in my neck that need investigating.
    All questions and answers are given from a personal perspective only. I have congenital stenosis from C4-C7, and T7-S1. I am actively being seen my by doctor and following his advice. I strongly suggest that you do the same.
  • advertisement
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    I would for sure talk with your Dr about your constipation, that can become a serious problem quickly. In the meantime, had you tried over the counter stool softeners, prunes or prune juice?
  • ldm314lldm314 Posts: 45
    edited 11/07/2015 - 9:58 PM
    Mainly I'm concerned about the weight. I am lactose intolerant so even a small glass of milk gets things moving if I really need to. I have always have had problems with being overweight, but these days it is just falling off.
  • You should take care for yourself now and be serious now because if you will not take suggestion of any Doctor now then result can not be pleasure. So you should clear about it.
  • advertisement
  • EmmaHoldenEmmaHolden Posts: 5
    edited 03/03/2016 - 9:53 AM

Some tips for gaining weight. 1) Eat more calories than you expend. 2) Eat nutrient-dense, calorie-rich food. 3) Increase dietary fat intake. 4) Add a weight-gainer supplement. 5) Lift heavy weight.

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..
    Liz, Spine-health Moderator
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Emma......
    Besides that I totally agree with Liz, warning above... I do not understand what you mean by, "lift heavy weight".

If it has to do with weight lifting, like muscular build up, or training with weights, please note that none of that should occur with spinal patients, surgery or not, without explicit instructions from doctor.....
    paying close attention to any limitations or restrictions doctor has given.

Thank you....
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you all for the wonderful advice. The end result was changing my medication. The anti-inflammatory medication messing up my stomach was causing the issues and I am now taking a low dosage of Prilosec which has helped tremendously.
  • LarnersourLLarnersour Los Angeles, CAPosts: 52
    I think you have to talk with your doctor and to do some exams it may be an important thing that is alarming you that there is something wrong with your health 
  • I think weight gaining and losing is the most difficult job. :#

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.