Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic pain under left shoulder blade near spine

Comments

• I have constant unrelenting deep burning pain on the upper point of the shoulder blade hear spine, on the bone (superior angle?) It is due to an AC separation. I have found that acupuncture is helpful, but it has to be more of the needling kind to find the really tense parts. Its cost prohibitive for me because it has to be done weekly at minimum. I use the "back knobber" to press on the point  and put a salonpas patch on it or massage it with arnica gel and put an ice pack. I've gotten steroid and lidocaine injections from my doctor but it isn't permanent and the injection itself puts me out of commission for the day.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello violetblue !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • Run, don't walk to a neurosurgeon. You could have a herniated disc or possible nerve impingement. I went thru this and waited too long to be seen. Now I have permanent nerve damage as the nerve was being pinched by a disc to the point the nerve did not recover when surgically released. I don't want to scare you but permanent nerve pain is horrible!!! I live on narcotics to deal with constant pain.
    Hope you find a good doctor.
  • Anyone have cervical spine issues? 
    I do and I have the very same problems! 
    Especially when there's anxiety or a tense day it's really bad!
    I've tried everything known to man to ease this up but it's not working! 
    Anyone find any solution? 
  • I noticed a lot of people asking if the original poster ever found out what was going on. For months I've been having identical symptoms. The pain progressively got worse and this morning I woke up and could barely get dressed because the pain was so bad. My chiropractor was able to fit me in asap and it turns out my rib was out of place and needed adjusting. He also adjusted my spine and neck. I went from an 8-9 on the pain scale to about a 2-3. He recommended if I wasn't feeling 100% to come back. I honestly haven't felt this good in months.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Jennmiller1985 !

Please use search, upper right on page, and type in Welcome to Spine-health.
    It will be first on list of results, Welcome to Spine-health, how to get started!

You will find much helpful information!
    Many of us seasoned members continue to refer to it time to time!

Thank you!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.