Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

23 y/o old female with RSD

advertisement

Comments

• Maria,

It's really hard to say how long I've had RSD since not all docs are in agreeance as to whether that is what it is or whether it's just a huge mess of a mess that mimicks RSD. The NS that said he felt I had the begining stages of RSD told me that in Feb 08.

My pain region is quite large and is being controlled right now by a recently implanted spinal cord stimulator, anti-seizure, anti-spasmotic and anti-inflammatory meds. I am very happy with how well things are being managed at the moment. Several of my friends here can tell you what a difference having the SCS has made for me.

"C"
  • I actually went through all the protocol for the SCS, and was a few days away from having the trial done when my surgeon and I decided to go ahead and take a chance with another surgery...we are so glad we did since there were obvious structual issues present when he got in there. The SCS will be my next option if needed.

txgirl, I'm off to get some turmeric right now!
  • advertisement
  • Hey! Mazy here. I miss running so much! I am constantly whining and moaning around here about it! Few people understand, I'm sure. Earlier this year, while training for a Rock N Roll (Phoenix) half, I began to have serious arm and shoulder pain. Found out my neck is a mess! But, the docs say 25 years of running didn't cause it. I actually went from running 40 miles a week to a walking program! I miss it! It kept me happy, healthy, and skinny for many years! ---Mazy
  • I was also an avid runner before developing RSD. Its is frustrating to have such a stress relieving outlet taken froun you during such a stressful time. I'm going to check out your blog. Thanks for posting.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.