Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fusion post laminectomy L4 L5 surgery

ElenaEElena Posts: 4
edited 12/09/2015 - 2:28 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had L4 L5 laminectomy without fusion ten weeks ago. The surgeon says that I might need fusion surgery. P.T. says don't do it. How is it determined if I will need fusion surgery?

There are no medical professionals on the forum side of this site. The only way to get a formal answer to your question is from your doctor

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 12/09/15
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 962
    Elena

Are you still having nerve pain..??
    Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • advertisement
  • I still have some residual pain (more like ache) at surgical site of the L4 and L5 laminectomies.

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 962
    If your nerve pain is gone you should be a happy girl... the discectomy surgery did it's job. Sometimes if the discectomy doesn't relieve the nerve pain or if the disc continues to deteriorate over time the doctor will have to do a more invasive surgery like a fusion... but that doesn't sound like what you have. If you are worried about the aches at your surgical site call or go see your doctor... he can tell you for sure.
    Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
advertisement