Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

wek 28

Comments

• Well, I haven't weighed myself recently and I don't want to. :sick:

Plus I had one of those weekends where I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, from a pot luck lunch Saturday, to a pot luck dinner that night, and then an all day event where lunch was hamburgers and hotdogs, chips etc. I should have made time to prepare something healthy to take, but didn't.

I find when I am tired I do not make good food choices. Better luck this week to everyone!

Teri
  • ranchoalmosta, you sound so down on yourself. gaining weight and having pain can be very depressing. we are behind you 100%! getting on the scale is not important if you do not think so. perhaps if you start eating better, you will feel better and you can break the cycle. one meal at a time is a beginning. have a great week. Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • you re right jenny about the bread,the scales just arn t moving for me,i know i should nt have but i stood on the scales and it looks as if ive put on weight,its so dishearting,i will not do that again before sunday,just have to carry on walking and watching what i eat,hows the walking going with u this week
    teri hindsights a wonderful thing isn t it lol.weve all being there all we can do is pick ourselfs up and start again
  • benji55, thanks for checking on me. i need checking on! lol! well no bread for me yesterday and i managed a walk. started out the morning with another and feel like eating only fruit today. and DON'T get on that scale! yikes! that can really kill your self esteem girlfriend. once a week is enough! lol! try to feel really revitalized this week and have those 2 pounds in your mind. you are doing everything right so far. Jenny :)
  • I did the same as Elaine. It also looks like I put on weight. My problem is that I have been in so much pain with my back, hip and leg that I haven't done any cooking. My husband does not cook so we have done a lot of fast food. If I can just get through this bout of severe pain, I know that I can get back on track. Elaine, have you tried the low calorie high fiber bread? It is kind of thin but if you are a bread eater it definitely helps. Heres hoping that I can get my pain level down enough to start preparing meals. Good luck guys.
  • advertisement
  • painintheback, i am really sorry to hear you are having an exacerbation right now. they seem like they will never end and just go on day after day. my thoughts are with you and i can understand your problem with cooking. we are here with you whether you lose or put on a few pounds. you are more important than the pounds. so please concentrate on getting better and the weight will come off in good time. check in with us anyway, i put on 5 pounds last week and i am still here. lol! we love you anyway! Jenny :)
  • thanks pain in the back,ive just checked and found out that 2 slices of wholegrain bread is less fat and cals than my regular bagel so think ill start that,ive changed my cereal to a less cal one in the hope that i will shift a pound or 2 (really hoping lol and praying lol)i ve also been walking but its anyones guess with our freind lyrica ive been taking it 3 times aday and have to say its really helped,I hope you pain eases soon pain in the back,jenny its anyones guess with the lyrica if we loss or put on weight isn t it,but weve manage to lose before and ive no doubt we can do it again.Has anyone heard how vic is?
  • benji, the new bread seems like a good idea. if i can find it i may try. ate only fruit yesterday! hungry tonight, 2 in the morning here, but i want the two pounds off. it is my birthday!! you are so right about the Lyrica. if we follow our plans all week and don't lose i can only say it is the Lyrica. i am adding in an extra walk to. you are doing well! vic hasn't even posted! that is not like her! Jenny :)
  • happy birthday jenny,is it today? i do nt think i could just eat fruit, good 4 u ,u surely deserve to lose 2 pounds.it really could go either way 4 me,but i hope i have a loss.
    hope everyone else is having a better week
  • :) benji, it is today thank you! you could eat all fruit one day. or two or three. this is going on the third day but i am another year older and heavier than ever! i don't care if i starve right now. i will not be defeated by Lyrica or that culprit bread either! so i say today! lol! i know you are doing great! Jenny
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.