Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

How on earth will I cope with college?

advertisement

Comments

• i worry for ya, dont let the beast devour your dreams one great gulp at a time, you deserve more than this lot in life! your gonna be fine! you have the spirit of a warrior in you, youve gone this long and perseveired,dont give in just yet K? we all can be the emotional lifeboat we need in these times. I deal with pain in a emotionally traumatizing manner, i man it out,even when i dont want to, its my nature and its a destructive habit, it put me here, dont be afraid of reaching out, come and find us,and well all help each other out K?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hi Ranchhand

It is interesting that you say you man is out and poignant to accept this as a less than preferable strategy and very honest. It is within our masculinity to stand and fight and time and experience ascribes better ways of dealing with the whole emphasis of the pain, in my newbie days I may have innocently thought I could battle through and meet it head on and defeat it. Cunning has been another strategy to sneak up on the pain and subdue its effect in a more collective manner.

However forthright or aggressive our strategy it needs gentle implementation and the change one thing at a time has helped, a bit of a toe in the water, and retraction if it did not work. For the improvement of everyone I am sure many others are using that head on approach that is as you say less than preferable. Asking and receiving help is strength and not a weakness, in our healthy persona perhaps we could mange this way and the reason why we cannot with pain is just as complicated.

I worked towards and passed my known threshold and did this continually in the thought that this was an effective strategy, is was not, it made the pain far worse than it needed to be and me grumpy with it. That short term gain was long term pain and I did learn a better way over time. I did it that way because I thought it was right at the time, I can look back and smile now seeing how I got myself into that cycle of managed behaviour and ineffectual position.

Our strategies develop over time as in chapters, perhaps we are not ready for the next one until we have exhausted the final stupidity of the last one, I can laugh now but was not laughing then.

Take care, how complex we all are. John
  • advertisement