Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PTSD

advertisement

Comments

• Kimmy72KKimmy72 Posts: 2,107
    edited 01/25/2016 - 10:20 PM
    Since you said you've only shared your feelings of despair with your girlfriend and Mom, I wanted to say for whatever it's worth that I commend you on your courage to share those thoughts and feelings here!! It sounds like you haven't had an easy way to go between issues stemming from your childhood and your spinal cord injury.
    I'm GLAD to hear that you've committed to working on these things through therapy--I hope that through your continued diligence in getting these matters settled within you, you'll come to find that the ways you've mentally reacted/coped with the stressors you were (and are) enduring are in NO WAY indicative of weakness on your part! My goodness, you are human! Just because someone else may seem to have had a "better" (and I use that word carefully!) outcome psychologically to life situations that may be somewhat similar to yours does NOT mean that you are less of a person, a coward, or weak. Putting the heavy burden upon your heart of comparing yourself unfavorably with either other people OR with what used to be YOUR normal is a tremendous weight to carry around with you all of the time. Weakness is not a word that comes to MY mind when I think about someone in your situation who's been able to bear THAT load and still have the guts and determination to keep on truckin'! Amazing!
    Opportunities to demonstrate courage come in many ways, from the obvious example of a firefighter running into a burning building to the person-- whom despite having been battered emotionally and physically--continues to get going every day and give"fighting the good fight" another chance.
    I wish you peace.

Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!