Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical artificial disc replacement

Comments

• hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 211
    edited 09/24/2016 - 2:01 PM
    I did not  get much response to this post.  I am surprised. I had the disc replacement surgery and I am five days out. I am not sleeping do to not getting my pillow to fit just right on my neck. I am readjusting it constantly because of pain.My neck hurts constantly. I have a bad sore throat. I know they said I would have a sore throat for a short time but it has gotten worse.when I start to fall asleep and I snore
     and then I cannot breath. All this is causing me to be so exhausted.

Have any of you dealt with this? I need help here.
  • I'm sorry to hear your pain is continuing .
  • advertisement
  • Holy cow all of my post disappeared . Anyway , make sure to follow your dr restrictions . I had the Flexicore adr in 2006 and I couldn't extend backward for any reason for an entire year . When the inflammation goes down it will help with the pain but are you allowed to try different towel rolls or thinner towels or pillows in a case and towel roll under that ?do not try that if against your restrictions set by your dr but do try to ice and heat a lot 
  • Hisbeauty4ashes- i saw you post and am curious how you feel now over 1 yr later? I am 3 weeks post op and numbness is gone but im still on norcos cause the muscle pain and aching is too much.  How long did recovery take You? How do you feel now?

I am a mother of 5 and 2 fur babies and 36 so i am hoping not being able to get complete rest doesn't ruin my recovery

advertisement