Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

CT SCan

I am post op 17 weeks still have pain. Had a CT on 2-22-16 I read the report it said nothing about how well i am fusing or  not  fusing! Is that normal? I also looked at the dvd and my first surgery back in 1999 for L4L5 ,L5s1 you can see in the disc the two bone dowels and looks like bone but when i looked at my L3L4 there is just the spacer and the rest of the disc is just black 
Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4
advertisement

Comments

• I had a friend that had a very, very obvious non-fusion on her radiographs, and on the CT it made no comment what so ever.  I also just had a CT done to check fusion, which also made no comment on it. (I am now getting 3 different opinions on whether I am fused or not, but I'm nearly 15 months out).  I'm surprised they're looking for fusion on you this early, unless they're looking for resorption of bone and it's just completely gone. 

Good luck in waiting!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Rich I am about the same length post-op and still have a lot of pain as well from PLIF L5-S1.  I haven't had a CT since surgery...but am seeing my surgeon next week.  I am so worried that something is wrong but so far MRI/X-rays are supposedly normal.  Good luck to you - what does your surgeon say?
  • advertisement