Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

What's Next?

Hi all,

Snapshot: L4-S1 360 ALIF 1/2007, Epidurals, Oral meds, RFA x2, Multiple Facet Joint Injections.  Continued pain throughout time.

Recent History:  Continued oral meds, Facet Joint Injections last done January 2nd week of January 2016.  Standing any length of time causes extreme discomfort, bending or twisting certain ways hurts, sitting too long hurts, changes in the weather, etc.

Workers comp will not let me get injections except every six months.  For any of you that have lived through this, what comes after FJI's?  I'm afraid another fusion from L4 up may be in order.  I'd ask for another MRI, but WC took me to court last year when they thought I shouldn't take oral meds anymore.  I'm afraid that asking will get me in trouble again.  Im just getting tired of the pain.

Thanks!

Keith 
Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
advertisement

Comments

• SongJinSSongJin Arizona Posts: 287
    I don't have any advice for you, but I did want to just say that I'm sending good thoughts your way. My father was a firefighter who broke his back on the job when I was a kid, and he fought WC tooth and nail for more than a decade. My mom was a psychiatric nurse, and she was assaulted on the job and suffered a cervical injury, and it was just the same story with WC. It makes me so angry, and I'm sorry this is happening to you. 

Do you have a lawyer involved with your case? That's one thing that eventually helped both of my parents was to press for more legal assistance. If you're not able to return to work, the state rehabilitation agency might assign you a voc rehab counselor that can help advocate for you, which was also a big help with the whole mess. Wishing you the best! 
  • I don't have a lawyer.  Can't get one in Kentucky.  Our law is that an attorney can only collect money on initial settlements.  I can't hire one and pay as we go.  My problem right now is pain relief.  The injections used to work for about six months at a time.  Now, I'm lucky to get three months out of them.  I'm afraid the only way to stop it is get another fusion to stop the motion causing the problems.  Then, a whole new set of issues begin.  I wish I had known what my future was going to hold back when I made the decision to have a fusion.
  • advertisement
  • I feel your pain! I think if they would really set you down and tell you what will happen if you don't change your lifestyle dramatically it might help. I have been in production and maintenance all my life till now as I took a supervisor job only to get away from lifting. It's also hard when your in so much pain and your quality of life has diminished to not opt for fusion surgery. This was my decision after trying Fentanyl patches and knowing that wasn't an option for me. I know it's a hard decision and a lot of people deal with the pain daily.  Good Luck.
    TLIF L4-S1 2007                                         TLIF L3-L4 2008                                          TLIF L2-L3 2016
  • Hi Keith. You could call the office of disabilities in your state regarding your problems with WC. If your doctor is prescribing you meds, who is WC to dispute that? Sending hugs your way - I'm a 3x failed back surgery survivor, in constant pain. 
    Laurita
  • The State is who took me to court!  I was a state employee when I was hurt and had surgery.  So far, my back has cost them almost 500,000.00 between surgery, continued medications, procedures, etc.  They are trying anything they can to get out of paying my claim.  I do speak with the Dept. of Labor Ombudsman regarding what all they are trying to do, but at the end of the day my back is no better.  Last night and today have been horrible.  Luckily, my boss understands what I'm going through and allows me to lay down or do whatever I need to do in order to help relieve pain. 
  • advertisement
  • SongJinSSongJin Arizona Posts: 287
    The fact that you have to go through stuff like this is just infuriating--this is what I watched happening to my parents my whole childhood. I feel like there has to be someone else that can help you with your case! 

But I get what you mean--in the meantime you just want some kind of relief. Is there like a university near you? Sometimes they hold legal clinics/give advice and resources for free. I've had to do this before, and it can sometimes be helpful. 
advertisement