Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Mild Canal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease

Hello, I've made some previous posts on here. 
I've been dealing with lower back pain since I was 19 back in late 2014 and it's currently the beginning of 2016.

I have, yet to find relief.

However, I was looking at some reports that were given to me way back in mid of 2015, when I was given a lot of different exams,scans, and tests.

I almost 21 now, and I was hoping if some of you could help and tell me what I could possibly do.

I'm currently in South America, Peru to be exact.

I am trying to get help here, since I wasn't able to back in the US. 

Anyways here are the stuff I got from my reports:

L4-L5: There is congenital narrowing of the canal. There is some ligamentum. There is mild canal stenosis without neural. 

L5-S1: There is some ligamentum flavum thickening. There is flattening of the thecal sac without. 

Impression:

1- Minimal Degenerative Disc Disease, which is prominent (Important/Well Known)  for patients this age L5-S1.

2- The congenital narrowing of the  canal has being contributing to the Mild Canal Stenosis to the L4-L5. 

3- No acute Disc Herniation . No nerve Root Compression.

Is it possible that anybody could help me here? I am really feeling hopeless, since this is already my third month here in Peru and I still haven't found much help. 
I don't know where I'm heading in life anymore and at times I feel like I wanna give up. I'm not sure if I'll be okay, but I just hope to be eventually.

As far as pain I have mostly back spams on my lower back and I can't really bend backwards. I mean I can, but it gets a bit painful.
Other than that I'm fine. I could even run if I wanted to (Although, I don't since one of my doctors in FL, said that it would my Degenerative Disc Disease worse), but at times my lower back feels very heavy.

I also have a lot of pain on my up lower Cervical and upper Thoracic part of my back.
I have to crack my upper back in order to get some relief or else I feel the pain/compression of it.

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated!!

Thank you!

- Felix

advertisement

Comments

• MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 655
    You should look into Postural Alignment Therapy to stop chronic pain. I don't know of any clinics in SA, but most of them do Skype sessions. You gotta get your muscles to start working together:) 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Felix.....
    Just a reminder, there aren't any medical professional on this discussion side of the site.
    We members are not to make any attempts to interpret MRIs and or other tests.

It may be helpful to you to use the search on this site, upper right on page.
    It may lead you to current or older discussions.
    It may lead you to the medical side with article and videos. Very informative
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,633
    Before you look into any type of therapy, you need to review this with your doctors.   As Sue indicated, there are no medical professionals on this site, so giving medical advice is not permitted.

But reading MRI or any diagnostic reports there are three keywords that say it all

MILD
    MODERATE
    SEVERE

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences